Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 PLEASE SORT OUT MY BOW >

PLEASE SORT OUT MY BOW

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PLEASE SORT OUT MY BOW

Old 11-20-2003, 09:17 AM

Default PLEASE SORT OUT MY BOW

[X(] I' VE JUST STARTED BOW HUNTING IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS I BOUGHT A BARNETT VORTEX 3D WITH 61 LB DRAW,EVERY TIME I LOOSE AN ARROW IT FIRES HIGH IT HAS A SIGHT PIN AND I THINK YOUF SUPPOSED TO USE IT AS AN ARROW REST AS WELL BUT IM NOT SURE WHAT AM I DOING WRONG PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GO MENTAL.
PAUL PARTINGTON 27 ANDERSON PARK,LIMAVADY,CO LONDONDERRY,
N.IRELAND,BT19 ORH
E MAIL [email protected]

P.S THE SIGHT PIN LOOKS LIKE A BOLT WITH A SPRING ON THE END I DONT THINK IT CAN BE ADJUSTED AND I THINK YOUR SUPPOSED TO USE THE BOLT AS AN ARROW REST
Old 11-20-2003, 12:15 PM

Default RE: PLEASE SORT OUT MY BOW

Whoa, you need to find a pro shop and get some help. The sight pin you describe sounds like a " springy rest" . It is not a sight pin. Find someone with some experience and you' ll be much happier about it.

Barnett Vortex?? The only bows I' m familiar with that has the Barnett name on it is crossbows. Where did you buy it?

Your statement " I just started bowhunting in the last two weeks" is kind of scary. Bowhunting takes months to get prepared before you ever step into the woods. You cannot (unless you' re in the .0000000000000001% of humans) pick up a bow, and go hunting. You need proper equipment, properly matched equipment, and tons of practice.

Good luck to you, and find that pro-shop.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please go to a pro shop. They' ll be more than happy to help. Your set-up is so unbelievably important. If is not right..........you go mental!!!!

Good Luck!
Old 11-21-2003, 07:39 PM

Hi Paul,

http://www.ni-archery.co.uk/links/page1.html

Try that link. Shoot them an email, I' m sure someone there can help you out.