Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs >

Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

Old 11-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

Anyone have info on the length of the risers on the 04 Bowtechs? Specifically the 04 Might Mite and the 04 Single cam Patriot.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

Ahh! My two favorites... I don' t have an answer for you yet as I have not gotten my hands on either however maybe Pat can give you the data as I think he has a bunch of the new models in his possession.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got em this morning...

The Patriot still has a 25" riser and the new (awesome I might add) Mighty Mite VFT has a 21.5" riser.

Well, got to get back to setting them up for show and tell....

Old 11-20-2003, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Just got em this morning...

The Patriot still has a 25" riser and the new (awesome I might add) Mighty Mite VFT has a 21.5" riser.

Well, got to get back to setting them up for show and tell....

Thanks for rubbing it in...yeesh..[:' (]

[:-]
Old 11-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for rubbing it in...yeesh..

And lovin' every minute of it...[:-]
Old 11-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Fork Horn

21.5 inch riser on the Mighty Mite and 7.75 brace. 19 13/16 inch riser on the SQ2 and 8.5 brace. Substantial difference in performance. Yeah I think that positions it much better against the SQ2. That is a very nice improvement in the Mighty Mite.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Fork Horn

The positioning of the Patriot single is what isn' t clear to me. The specs just seem too close to the Extreme VTF which really stacks up against the LX nicely. I would have thought that they would have maybe moved the brace closer to 7.5 and put the speed in the 315-320 area, positioning against the legacy. Maybe they' re hoping to do that with their new bows. Or maybe it' ll become clear once we see what Mathews brings out.

So far Bowtech has been really successful at acheiving parity on specs and differentiating on performance. Here with the Patriot single it' s just not clear.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:02 AM

Hey Pat, which would be faster the Patriot or the MightyMight , both in 26 inch draw??? One of these will be the wife' s new bow
Old 11-21-2003, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, wait a second, didn' t our illustrious Bowtech representative say that the 20th of November was the ship date to local dealers? Today is the 21st.....they should be here in no time!!

Buckfevr,

I agree. The Mighty Mite this year looks to be the most competitive short bow on paper. When I get my hands on one I will see if it has what it takes in a " real world" setting.

I also agree about the new Patriot SC. Its specs are almost identical to the EX VFT on paper though I am guessing the two are going to have a different feel because of the new riser design. Personally, I think the EX VFT should be dropped in favor of the new Patriot SC in terms of a comparison with the LX since, on paper, the Patriot SC has a much higher speed rating (vs. the LX) with a larger brace height as well. I think we can leave it up to the Liberty to challenge the Legacy.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank:

It is sounding more and more like the Mighty Mite VFT is going to be the ultimate bow for the short bow fans. It will be interesting to hear how you like yours when you get it.

I agree with you guys on the " 04 Patriot single. It is hard to imagine how they are going to get that much performance with a single at that brace height without a nasty force-draw. Last year' s Patriot singles were smoothed out very nicely from previous I-cam bows. If, or I should say when the ' 04 Pat. single performs as advertised, I think it will render many other bows (Bowtechs own bows and many competitors bows) irrelevant![]

The ' 04 lineup is like an embarrassment of riches!

Quick Reply: Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.