Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs >

Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

Old 11-21-2003, 11:30 AM

Default RE: Length of risers on 04 Bowtechs

I called the BowTech dealer where my best friend got his EX-VFT this past summer and they said that they are expecting there shipment in the first week of December.

I know that he is getting in the MightyMite VFT and the Liberty, and he is only getting a total of 5 different models for now, so, I am anxious to see what they are like.

I am really anxious to see the MightyMite VFT, it is what I described as my ideal bow last year, but, I already own a MightyMite. I am also lookin at the Liberty, talk about sweet......... ummmmmmmmmmmmmm....... too many bows, not enough money Maybe I will get the MightyMite VFT and just start my own collection of MightyMite' s
Old 11-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

too many bows, not enough money
LOL, you' re not kidding.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buckfevr
.... I think that positions it much better against the SQ2
Agreed, and the Justice even more-so. From what I' m hearing the Freedom cam will be smoother than the SL cams, it has adjustable letoff & minute draw length adjustment w/ a hard drawstop, 8" brace height, the limbs are more parallel, and the real-life speeds will likely be better. Pat said they are scary quiet.

I' m not a real fan of super short bows personally, but with that very long riser for it' s size the Justice (and MMVFT) should be very stable. Hopefully Frank will be able to give us the low-down.

Old 11-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA
It is hard to imagine how they are going to get that much performance with a single at that brace height without a nasty force-draw
The I-cam on the ExVFT is not anywhere near what I' d call nasty..it' s much smoother than the 2002s and not quite as smooth as the 2003 I-cam that was exclusive to the Patriot. They lightened the 2004 I-cam up, added bearings, and the brace height is only 3/8" longer on the 2004 PAT SC than the ExVFT. It should be a bit better than the ExVFT for draw characteristics I would think.

The MSRP on the Pats is higher because it gets the new risers/pockets and bearing cams, so I think the ExVFT will take on the role of " most bang for the buck" in the BowTech top end bows: Fastest solo they make, without some of the " bells and whistles" , so to speak.