Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone know if parts for York bows are out there? >

Anyone know if parts for York bows are out there?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone know if parts for York bows are out there?

Old 11-18-2003, 02:37 AM

Default Anyone know if parts for York bows are out there?

I understand that York is no longer in business. I was wondering if perhaps someone bought them out or if another bows parts would work. (cams, cables, bushings, etc)

Thanks,
Tom
Old 11-18-2003, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone know if parts for York bows are out there?

York has been out of business for some time now. Last I knew McPherson/Pearson had put the assets from both York and another company they purchased, (Robin Hood Archery) up for sale. I' m sure whomever has bought those assets has some parts. Contact them at (215) 867-8475 or e-mail them at [email protected] and they will be able to give you more info. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 11-21-2003, 02:37 AM

Thanks for the info Pinwheel 12. I just got back into shooting my bow. Bought it in
91 and it has been in the case for about the last 7 years. Decided to start shooting/ hunting again and had it checked out and put on a new string. I was wondering about York because I think I' m getting play in my cams.

Anyway I digrest (spelling) but thanks again for the info.

Tom
Old 11-21-2003, 05:50 AM

i also bought a york 8-10 years ago and have taken several deer with it.i likewise did not know they had gone out of business.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Anytime Ohiobassman!

I used to shoot Yorks some years back---I owned a Bushwhacker Pro and a Pursuit 3D. Both very fast bows for their day. Many years before that I owned one of the first Coronet compounds(wood handle, glass limbs) that they produced.

Yes, they' ve been gone awhile now. Too bad, I thought they actually made a decent bow until they started to fall from grace, much better in fact than some of the companies that lasted longer, and even better than some that are still around! JMHO. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 11-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gee, Pinwheel! I would' ve figured you for an STO man. The ol' York STO shooters used to post up some pretty impressive field archery scores.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Art-

Ya know, I DID try that bow, and I think there was a definate reason why it never caught on. YUCK![&:] The geometry of that bow was awful IMHO.

But, if you put it someones' mind that they can win with such and such, it' s amazing what they can actually do if they believe it, even if the product isn' t really all they crack it up to be. I' ve seen that first hand many times over the years. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 11-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

But, if you put it someones' mind that they can win with such and such, it' s amazing what they can actually do if they believe it, even if the product isn' t really all they crack it up to be.
Boy, haven' t we seen THAT proved time after time in recent years... LOL

Yep. Once you' ve got the mental game whipped, the shootin' part is easy.