Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 First Robin Hood >

First Robin Hood

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

First Robin Hood

Old 11-06-2003, 01:05 PM

Default First Robin Hood

After many years away from archery, I recently got the bug again. I have been shooting at 10 yards in my garage to build up some upper body strength, regain form, build confidence and protect my neighbors from my occasional errant shots. I shoot five errows per round. Yesterday, much to my joy, I shot my first robin hood. I had been busting nocks and tearing up fletching, but this was a first. I guess it' s time to increase the distance at which I am shooting.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:39 AM

Default RE: First Robin Hood

Congrats willie... its expensive but fun. Now that you got one you need to start aiming for different spots.

My best robin hood I ever got was shooting a FIFA tounament and was at 60 yards... Both in the X...and about 100 people watching. That was incredible!... Then I realised I just ruined 2 ACC arrows.. LOL
Old 11-07-2003, 10:02 AM

I know what you mean about lost arrows. I am just shooting Game Getters but the male arrow in my Robin Hood was my favorite arrow. Most of the 5 arrows I was shooting were pretty torn up but my favorite was still in good shape. Now it' s a wall hanger.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot a couple Robin Hoods in my 30 years of archery and the best i ever had was a 3 arrow Robin Hood. I didit on a 20 yards practice range and i was aiming for a little spot.
But i wanted to share this story with you all...
It happend on a US Airforce base in Germany where they had a couple different games planned for the weekend.
One of those games was to go in the course with only your bow and one arrow and keep shooting till you could go no more.
We had to do many trick shots and far away targets standing in front of arrow breaking walls or trees.
Than on the last target this friend of mine shot his arrow into mine!
I was out of the race while he pulled his arrow out and continue shooting.
We are still having a good time over this thing.

Congrats with yours, willie...
Hope you will do it again!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:50 PM

I got my first one earlier this year too....

Congrats.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations. It sure does feel good, doesn' t it? I have only been able to get two robin hoods in my shooting career. Both were at a 30 yard distance (read as ++++ luck) and both occurred within a week of each other.

Keep stackin' ' em.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:55 AM

I' ve been doing this for three years now and I was fortunate to get my first robinhood a few months ago. I had bought a new Bowtech pat dually and on the second time that I shot it, I shot a robinhood. Now, I' m not the greatest shooter in the world but with a little luck, and of course the bow, I accomplished something that usually takes a while to do.
Polack
Old 11-11-2003, 08:08 AM

Man, you guys must be some shots. While I was excited, I realize that my feat was accomplished at a range of only ten yards. That is the only range at which I have shot since my return to archery. But, like I said, and you guys have shared, it was a trip. Today I am joining an archery club here in Houston so I can shoot at longer ranges and get to know other people. I really look forward to that.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Thats a good idea Willie!
But dont feel less for shooting a Robin Hood at 10 yrds.
The feeling at 10 yrds is the same as on 50 yrds.
Its allways a awefull goodlooking result!
Have fun at your new club.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:14 PM

yeah i got my first one this weekend at 20 yards. kinda upset me though...i ruined my squirrel arrow. i killed at least 10 squirrels with that arrow. guess it' ll hang on the wall somewhere now.

Quick Reply: First Robin Hood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.