Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New camo on Bowtech?  Mossy Oak Obsession? >

New camo on Bowtech? Mossy Oak Obsession?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New camo on Bowtech? Mossy Oak Obsession?

Old 11-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New camo on Bowtech? Mossy Oak Obsession?

I heard Bowtech will have two camo patterns for ' 04. One is Mossy Oak Breakup and the other Mossy Oak Obsession. Will all bows be offered in color chioce and what does Obsession look like? I can' t find anything on Mossy Oaks website about the new color.

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New camo on Bowtech? Mossy Oak Obsession?

All of the 2004 models will have Mossy Oak Obsession with the exception of the bows that had prevoisly had Outback camo. The bows that did use Outback camo will be the only ones using Break Up which includes the Rascal, TomKat, BlackHawk, BlackHawk2.

The Mossy Oak Obsession pattern is very new and I' m sure it will added to Mossy Oaks site soon but here' s a sample of it...

Old 11-02-2003, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

I do not know if MOO (Mossy Oak Obsession ) will be available on the Bowtechs, but a few other manufacturers have jumped on the bandwagon with this new color, just as some did last year with the then-new Realtree HD green.(if you want to see MOO on a bow, go to the PSE website)

The current fad seems to be going to camos with colors and patterns that appeal to the hunter/archer, NOT what works the best in each given application. If you took MOO or RTHDG (real tree HD green) and slapped it into a October/November Oak ridge that is all tan and grey, it would stick out like a sore thumb![] But they are cool new designs, so people flock to them. Lots of green in todays designs too, and personally I think that is because we are bored and wanted to see some color on our drab tan/grey/black hunting patterns. Trebark, MO, and Realtree never had any of that and I killed many animals while wearing each of them, LOL. I think it is simply more marketing nowadays than anything else. It' s all about scent control and movement, not what you wear.

Honestly, I' d like to see Predator or ASAT on a hunting bow. It would be butt ugly, yes, but it sure would disappear in most all climates, and isn' t that what we want when hunting?

We can " look cool" on the 3D range with a target color bow if need be, but when I' m hunting I want a bow that will disappear.

We need a " chameleon" (sp?) pattern that will change to match whatever woods you are sitting in..There you go " lab coat guys" !! [&:]

Sorry if this got off track, but this has been bugging me for a couple of years now and it was a good time to throw out my thoughts on it. JMHO, Pinwheel 12
Old 11-02-2003, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

OOPS, guess Pat answered you while I was typing. There ya go. Pinwheel 12
Old 11-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, I' d like to see Predator or ASAT on a hunting bow
Kevin.

I have been asking for ASAT camo on bows now if only I could find someone who would dip my bow in ASAT I would be a happy little camper well until I laid the bow down cause I would probably never find it again[]
Old 11-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie, I' ll bet not finding your bow would be more a product of reduced memory than the camo pattern.[]
Old 11-03-2003, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie, I' ll bet not finding your bow would be more a product of reduced memory than the camo pattern.

OUCH!

LOL...
Old 11-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Phil thats not a nice thing to say and you have probably talked yourself of my Christmas card list[][&:]
Old 11-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phil thats not a nice thing to say and you have probably talked yourself of my Christmas card list

LOL... Way to go Phil... Now you' ve done it.... You' re on the sh*t list now instead of the Christmas card list...
Old 11-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree that camo on bows is more for the archer' s visual pleasure than for any practical purpose. Actually putting into something different than what is currently being used is not really an issue for me. What really is an issue is camo on treestands. If you think about it for a second, a treestand is how big? I think placing camo all over it (regardless of style) would probably be higher up on my list in comparison to the bow...but to each his own.

Quick Reply: New camo on Bowtech? Mossy Oak Obsession?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.