Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
No shot is the same? >

No shot is the same?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No shot is the same?

Old 08-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Spike

Default No shot is the same?

I'm new to having a bow and I've been practicing but it feel like I'm getting worse a few shot will be close then the others wil be always from each other any tips or what am I doing wrong this is at the 30 yard mark at 20 I'm dead on but then there's times I'm off with the 30 yes pin and the 20 yes pin is dead on at 30 any tips?
Old 08-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

First, adjust your 30 yd pin. Next, make sure you aren't putting a death grip on the bow handle because that will throw you off. If you know a good archer, try to get him or her to watch you shoot, they may spot your problem.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any tension at all in your bow are will cause your arrows to fly one way or the other. The grip of your bow should lay vertically on the meaty portion of your palm (the big pad below your thumb) with your fingers slightly curved but not gripping the bow when you draw. Also don't lock your elbow. Keep a slight bend in it.
But the advice given to you by Oldtimr is a good one. Its hard to say what is wrong. It could even be your bow set up.