Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
To CyberTec shooters(razorhunter,bloodtrail1,etc.) >

To CyberTec shooters(razorhunter,bloodtrail1,etc.)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

To CyberTec shooters(razorhunter,bloodtrail1,etc.)

Old 02-02-2002, 02:38 PM

Default To CyberTec shooters(razorhunter,bloodtrail1,etc.)

What kind of sights,rest,stabilizer, etc. did you set your bow up with. Im still waiting on my shop to get in new equipment before i buy. Price isnt an issue. This year im going all out and buying the best equipment I can get.
Old 02-02-2002, 03:27 PM

Default RE: To CyberTec shooters(razorhunter,bloodtrail1,etc.)

Hey, equipment is compatable on all bows. Cybertecs use the same as others. The top of the line products, I feel, are Sure Loc Lite sight, Golden Key Platinum Premiere rest, Winners Choice strings and cable, Tru Ball back tension release, X-Ring stabilizers (Carbon Multi Rod or an Ultra Lite with Hydraulic), and a Neet quiver. Have fun spending money. I've got some of this stuff and I need a new bow.
Old 02-02-2002, 03:56 PM

What do you guys have your let off set at? Im used to 80%.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:31 PM

Ky,
My set up is as follows:

-Cobra Ascent sight with micro TKO pins. However, I may soon try out another sight. I'm looking hard at the Extreme Archery sights. They have much smaller micro pins which I like, and they also have a 4x? lens that you can put in the sight. The lens would be great! They also have a sunshade that can be used too! VERY durable sight also.

- For hunting, Simms Enhancer 2000 w/stabilizer enhancer on the end. I use a 7.5" or 9.5" black Vibracheck Isolator for 3D.

- I currently use a Tiger Tuff rest. Very basic and simple. The one I use has the V-Down prongs which hold the arrow quite well. I am able to cant my bow COMPLETELY horizontal and the arrow won't fall off the rest. This is due to the leather that is similar to moleskin that I wrap the prongs with. I am currently experimenting with the drop away kit, which converts it right over.

Just to let you know, I chrono'd the bow today, and I'm getting 260 fps @ 63lbs, 27 2/8" draw length, and this is with arrows that are above 5 grains per pound. I estimate that I will easily hit 280 fps when I cut my arrows down a little, and go back to my usual 67lbs.

One MAJOR thing that I will add about the CyberTec is it is MUCH quieter than my HavocTec! I couldn't believe it. I am using the EXACT same accessories on both bows too. I mean EXACT!
Also it draws much smoother, and it was MUCH easier to draw back more weight. It felt like I was only pulling back 60lbs when I had it on 66. I have never had a bow make it so easy to draw back. I shoot the VersaCam.
I am VERY pleased with this bow, and this is the absolute best bow I have EVER owned. I just love it. I couldn't believe how much smoother and quieter the CyberTec is than the HavocTec. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:05 PM

Thats the same sights i have been looking at(extreme). They look really tough and I like the micro pins and scope insert and theyre also made here in Ky. Another thing you mentioned that I also noticed is the easy draw. When i first drawed mine back at the shop I thought it had 60 pound limbs on it. It was set at 65 pounds. One of the guys at the shop has one set at 58 pound, 27 1/2 i think , 300 grain arrow shooting 279 fps, not bad at all. I cant wait till i get all of the accesories. This bow is so sweet. I also got the versacam. The excel cam is supposed to be even smoother, imagine that. Im probably gonna go with the 8" NAP shockblocker. I had the 6" on my FX. It did a good job of soking up vibration.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Well Im still waiting for my cybertec! Will be 5 weeks come this coming Thursday since ordering it! I hope it comes soon! At least before the 2003's come out!!!! I plan on putting on a HHA Optimizer Lite sight I have, a bodoodle bullet rest if it fits good?, and I have a extra sorbotek stabilizer that I will try on it. Once I get the bow who knows! I may go with something else on it? I also picked up some Carbon Express CXL 250's Im going to try for 3-D and try to pick up a few extra points by using the bigger dia. carbon shafts to cut a few more lines! But.....First I NEED the BOW!