Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Summit Stands Foot Hold >

Summit Stands Foot Hold

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Summit Stands Foot Hold

Old 10-28-2003, 07:21 AM

Default Summit Stands Foot Hold

I have a Summit Viper. The problem that I have is that my feet keeps sliping out of the straps on the bottom stand. Several times the stand will fall and keep me hanging in a tree with the top section, which is not a good thing. I have a rope that I the top and bottom section to keep the stand from falling all the way down the tree, but it is still a pain and alot of trouble to get the bottom portion up and back in place. I have a size 13 boot and don' t know if this is the reason. Has anyone else has this problem with their Summit? And is their any suggestion to fix this problem. It was always a pain to get my feet into the strap and place the bungee cord on the heel of my boot. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Summit Stands Foot Hold

Ricky,
Yikes that would not be fun.[]
I have the exact same size boots and mine has never slipped out from my feet? I just make sure that the strap is right over the " Crease" in the top of my boots with the bungee cords pulled up completely over the entire heel to my ankle.
Also pull with your left hand to get the strap tight.....you need to pull across your feet, not upwards with your right hand.
And don' t start climbing unless you can feel that the straps are tight. They should be very snug on the tops of your boots.
I have had to really wiggle my feet sometimes to get the platform loose while climbing and even then my feet have not come out.

Good luck, and you might want to shorten that tether line up some while you work out the bugs.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:03 AM

Note to self: pull strap with left hand not right

Thanks Matt.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have never had the bottom fall out on me. But I know that on trees that are slick (ie) smooth bark it does not grip as well.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2003, 12:15 PM

Thanks to all. I like my Summit, but do not like this problem. I will try Mike suggestion and and might even another bungee cord on my Summit. The other one is strecthed from years of use.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:39 PM

I have a size 14 and I also have had difficulty with the foot straps. I was also thinking about tying on a second bungee cord for the front where the straps are now. Still think this is the best climbing stand I ever owned.

bmott
Old 10-29-2003, 01:39 PM

I have the viper XLS and it has never happened to me either. That toe strap is adjustable. Make sure it is nice and snug... Dave
Old 10-29-2003, 01:40 PM

The new ones have a bungee cord for your heel. Dave