Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Vane to Nock distance - 4 inch Vanes touching rest when bow is not drawn >

Vane to Nock distance - 4 inch Vanes touching rest when bow is not drawn

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vane to Nock distance - 4 inch Vanes touching rest when bow is not drawn

Old 02-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Spike

Default Vane to Nock distance - 4 inch Vanes touching rest when bow is not drawn

So I'm still setting up my new Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo. I'm playing around with 4 inch vanes, but since the brace height is only six inches, the vanes are touching the rest when the bow is not drawn. They're actually raising the arrow up about 1/4 inch.

Do you think this is a problem, or is it not an issue because the bow isn't drawn.

It's a QAD Ultra HDX rest with the spacer block installed for Hoyts.

Draw length is 29.5
Draw weight is 70
Attached Thumbnails Vane to Nock distance - 4 inch Vanes touching rest when bow is not drawn-img_0233.jpg  

Last edited by redwhiteblue; 02-20-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not a problem at all. The shaft will settle into the rest upon drawing and the rest will be out of the way as the arrow passes through. Just be sure you have clearance everywhere else.