Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Winners choise

Old 10-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Winners choise

I put a winners choise string on my Q2XL last summer. Now I noticed that the serving on loop that goes over the little peg on the cam in frayed out. When I purchaced the new string and cable they sent a note warning people to use sand paper to remove the sharp edge off the peg before putting the cable on. I had it nice and smooth but it still frayed.

Has any one else seen with this? And should I remove the cable? The cable itself looks good just the serving is frayed. Thanks Jim
Old 10-16-2003, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Winners choise

I would buzz winner choise and talk to them about the serving. They really stand by their product and questions towards the fraying of the serving I am sure they would love to talk to you about. If it is just the serving material that is showing wear you should be ok, but if there is any question I would take it to a shop and have a good look at it. If you have your own press take it off and really examine the loop strand by strand.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:07 AM

I had the same problem and wc took care of me. I would say that the customer service they have is above and beyond most others. I had the phone number and talked to the string maker himself. Call them up and they will work with you.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem on my q2 ad WC took care of me ,even though it was mathews problem . They are a great company
Old 10-21-2003, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

another vote here for Winners Choice strings, great customer service.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Up date . I calles Winners Choise and they sent me a new cable. I recived it in 2 days. very impressed. She told me this is a common problem on Mathews and they would only replace it once unless it' s a Winners choise problem and this one was not.
I actually feel kinda bad in a way seeing as the loop dammage was done by the pro shop who put the string on. Very good service. Jim
Old 10-22-2003, 09:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]