Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

DARTON BOWS?

Old 10-16-2003, 07:20 PM

Default RE: DARTON BOWS?

I have owned 2 Darton bows and still have my Yukon, can' t bear to part with it. While it is an older model and not one of thier top of the line it is a good bow. I like the CPS system and it seems easy to tune. I have not had the opertunity to shoot any of the newer ones as my closest dealer is 3 1/2 hours away. In my opion Darton makes a very good bow, never had anyproblems with either one. I have to agree with JeffB that they could use some refinement,smoother, quiter and hopefully they have on some of there newer ones. I have also owned Hoyt, Jennings, PSE, Golden Eagle, Martin and Mathews and hope to and a Bowtech to the list very soon.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

I had a Darton Maverick Recurve C/P/S and i must say; its one of the most amazing bows i have ever had. The grip alone was a dream! The bow was fast, quiet, smoot and trustable. Allthough i shoot Mathews due to a sponsership now, I will allways recommend this company as one to consider very much when someone is intrested in a new bow. From my opinion this brand should be in the top with Mathews and Bowtech. (I am NOT a hoyt fan)
Old 10-18-2003, 02:57 PM

Daton has some cool stuff and has really come a long way. As Jeff stated a few years ago they were behind the pack in handshock, noise, recoil and that camo that looked like your little brother spraypainted it in art class didn' t help any either.

The CPS rocks though...The only thing I don' t like is that the draw stops hit the string. I don' t know why that bugs me but it seems sloppy and makes me sweat.

They' ve come light years in the past couple of years though. As said before, they don' t advertise and they are very reasonably priced as a result.

They' re very popular here as they' re manufactured just up the road a bit. Lots of OLD ones floating around though.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roland glad to hear the hoyts working for you , it surely was quiet. Let us know when you score with it . good hunting [8D]
Old 10-19-2003, 07:42 PM

When I bought my ' 99 Maverick I looked at all the bows the local dealer had and I narrowed it down to the Mav and an MQ1. I was standing there with both in my hands, compairing the weight and length and fit and finish and couldn' t really make up my mind. The Mav was $499.99 and the MQ1 was $649.99. I had shot the dealer' s own personal Mav because it was all set up and the new one I was looking at was just pulled out of the box. He didn' t seem to want to let me shoot the MQ1 so I just asked him which was a better bow, forget about the money. He said," I really can' t fault the Maverick" . He could have sold me the MQ1 and maybe made a little more money but I thought he was being truthfull and I liked that! I bought the Mav and later on found out that he was right about the speed of the Mav. I' ve owned two different MQ1' s since then and they were both about 12 fps slower than the Maverick. The Maverick is only slightly less forgiving than the MQ1' s were and I didn' t find the MQ1' s all that much more quiet than the Mav. The Darton did have more hand shock but it was lighter also