Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Darton Bows

Old 02-20-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Darton Bows

Looked at a Darton Viper or Vapor over at Gander Mountian. They had it on sale for $300. Any opinions. Kindly do not suggest Hoyt, I do not like the way that they feel or draw. Tried several and there is just something about the grip that I do not like.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Darton Bows

The positives are: smooth, easy draw, good performance, easy to tune with broadheads. For me at least, I've never had a Darton bow that was difficult to shoot well.

The negatives: usually make a bit more thump, and vibration than some other bows, mediocre resale value.

$300 for a Vapor is a pretty good deal, though.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 PM

I hunted the last 2 seasons with a Darton Tundra, very well made bow, liked it very much. I did sell it this winter for a Hoyt but I feel the Darton was every bit as good. I would not blink an eye to buy another. I think you will be very happy with it.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:45 AM

My first compound was a Darton SL-50. It was an excellentbow back in 1980. Simple...no cams, just wheels. I seem to remember that it was set at 55 lbs. with a 50% let-off (which was about average at the time). I put a lot of meat in the freezer with it! I shoot a Trykon now (and before that an Ultratec), but my brother-in-law still shoots Darton products and swears by them!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Darton Magnum Extreme and love it. When i was ready to buy, i checked out a bunch of different bows, including top dollar bows and chose the Darton. Just make sure you shoot it and like it before you buy.

Zach
Old 02-28-2006, 08:26 AM

I like the idea of try it befor you buy. I think that GM will let you do that. Can not hurt to ask. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:01 AM

Hand an Avalanche for a year... Really liked that bow and it is a good shooter. Shot the Vapor once.. Not a bad bow for the money. You will need to add some dampening equipment most likely. While it doesn't happen on all of the bows some Darton models have a bit of hand shock. It is nothing major, IMO, and is something that you might not even notice untill you shoot a bow that has no handshock..

To me Dartons are a stiff pull. Smooth in that their is no giant hump to get over to get into the valley but there is good resistance throughout the draw cycle. While they are not speed burners they are plenty fast. My Avalanche was a great shooting bow when I did my part. I was looking at Hoyts, Mathews and a couple bowtechs when I bought ny Darton. But Finances were not what they needed to be for the more expensive bows and truth be told, when I picked up that Darton and shot my first 5 arrows out of it on a test I was sold.

Resale values.. Depends on how you do it. I sold mine for 80 bucks less than what i paid for it. The price went up about 100 bucks after I bought mine (I think the dealer got the first one on a promotional thing and sold it to me cheap). I was patient and waited and got what I wanted from that bow. I wouldn't count on this being the norm however.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have the darton vapor 06 edition and it was about 600 for the bow and it shoots like a dream and that is a great deal do it
Old 03-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Darton Avalanche Extreme and couldn't be happier. I think it has one of the best draw cycles and is very accurate. The grip fits me better than any other bow out there.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never owned a Darton, but I like to check out the latest, and greatest at places like Gander Mtn. Of all the bow brands Gander had. The Darton was one I liked best. The grip felt perfect to me, and the bow balanced great in my hand. I think its very important to start with a bow that feels real good to you soon as pick it up. I've tried many, and some just don't feel comfortable to me. But the Darton I liked alot.

Quick Reply: Darton Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.