Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2004 BowTech Sneak Peak >

2004 BowTech Sneak Peak

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2004 BowTech Sneak Peak

Old 10-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2004 BowTech Sneak Peak

Salutations Gentle Readers!

I finally managed to pry some info out my friend who works @ Bowtech in the Sales Dept. I also weaseled my way into getting permission to post it since “BowtechShooter” is at a few PBR shows this week., sorry Pat This is just a “teaser” though…not full specs…I’m not THAT good

There are at least two brand new bows: One is called “Liberty” the other is called “Justice”. I know Frank will now be a happy camper when he reads that.[:@]

For all of the Bowhunters who have said you are not worried about raw top end speeds, but you are worried about having super smooth drawing, super smooth shooting, super quiet hunting bows, BowTech listened and now you have no excuses not to buy one![:-]. These two new bows will have a brand new ultra-smooth single-cam design with a 4” idler called the Freedom Cam. IBO speeds are in the low 300’s (still pretty damn respectable AFAIC). I don’t know any specs, save that the Liberty will be similar in measurement to this year’s Patriot SC. I have no idea about the Justice…he wouldn’t budge on that, dagnabbit. …[:@]

I came up w/a new slogan for BowTech, BTW:Give Me a Liberty or Give Me Death (I know… that was really bad, LOL…)[X(]

Several bows have been dropped, but I don’t know which ones. The two bows above as well as the new Patriot and “several other” (his quote) bows in the line are all being built on new riser designs with pivoting limb pockets! WOOHOO!

I asked about dual cams, the I-cam, all kinds of things..…Basically he said that there’s quite a bit of other exciting products/refinements/changes for 2004, they still have the speed market covered, and all will be revealed in the coming weeks…

The following is something my little brain figured out for itself Due to Bowtech’s Partnership w/ the PBR, naturally they decided to work with another big PBR sponsor and the 2004 bows will be sporting a brand new coat of paint courtesy of Toxey Haas and the Mossy Oak crew. Some bows will have Obsession (COOL!), and some will have MOBU.

Sounds to me like a total upgrade of the entire line! Also sounds like as per usual, BowTech continues to listen to it’s dealers, customers, & potential future customers. If they have refined the duals too, I don’t know what the hell I’m gonna order . I’m as giddy as a 10 year old schoolgirl! Looks like another year where I' m gonna want at least 4 or 5 bows from BowTech. Yeesh...

Old 10-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2004 BowTech Sneak Peak

Pppplllleeeeeeasssee.
Give Me a Liberty or Give Me Death
I think you stole that phrase from me last year right after I did the Patriot DC review....[:@]

Seriously though, chalk the Liberty up as my Bowtech bow for review this year. I will do it right after I review the Hoyt ViperTec.

[]

Old 10-15-2003, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you really Frank? LOL. Sorry ' bout that....I stand corrected
Old 10-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

When will we know about the speeds of the 2004 BKs?
Old 10-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t know Vic...as soon as the specs are released..I suspect it will be soon.

Old 10-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like another year where I' m gonna want at least 4 or 5 bows from BowTech. Yeesh...
This from a guy who can' t afford ACCs...

Old 10-15-2003, 07:45 AM

Jeff what about" Liberty and Justice for all" . I can hear you guys now" I pledge (blind) allegance to Bowtech and the company for wich it stands...One nation under bowtech with liberty and justice for all.......

CB
Old 10-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

I hope they will tkae the DC Pat and use the shorter limbs, dropping the BH and A to A by an inch which will give you a DC Pat with an IBO of close to 350. With all of the other changes you have mentioned, that would make an awesome bow.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:45 AM

Dang Jeff,
Just when I get my thought process headed in a particular direction, you provide this bit of information. Please do not tell me I need to sit on my hands any longer. My dealer is expecting a restock shipment by Friday. I figured one of the VFTs had my name on it. I am not sure my old shoulder or my mental stability (what little bit there is left of that) can wait much longer. As always, thanks for the insight.
Bill
Old 10-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bill, this time of year is not the best to buy a new bow unless you really really need one. Too many new ones coming down the pike. Worst case, if you can wait, you might get a clearance price on the ' 03 VFT

Quick Reply: 2004 BowTech Sneak Peak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.