Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 serving wear around cam, NO MORE >

serving wear around cam, NO MORE

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

serving wear around cam, NO MORE

Old 10-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default serving wear around cam, NO MORE

I haven' t seen anyone else mention that they had this problem, so maybe my MQ1 is the only bow that seems to wear out servings on my cable around the cam. But, I found a solution, finally. I bought a product called Brownell CAM EZ and Brownell LIQUID LOK, and I put both of these on my problem wear spot by the bottom cam, and the serving is holding up super. I actually replaced my string and cable this summer, and I was noticing wear about 6 weeks ago, already, where the serving was beginning to seperate already, so I ordered some of this stuff, applied the LOK first, let it set up over night, then applied the CAM EZ, which acts like a lubricant between the cam and serving, and the serving has not moved one stitch since I applied this stuff. So, if anyone else has problems with serving wear on the cable because of contact with the cam, this stuff really seems to work.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: serving wear around cam, NO MORE

Howler.
When I seen the topic headline my first thoughts where you sold the MQ1 and got a recurve[]

I have not used that stuff please give us full report in a month or two to see if it is still holding up.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Is that the same stuff that is on the Winners Choice Strings?Mine had some kind of coating on the serving at the cams.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

nmaineron, I don' t have any idea if winners choice uses this stuff on thier strings. I did notice tonight at the range, that a new Hoyt cam1/2 had cable seperation around the bottom cam, and also a buddy of mine shooting a Q2 also had seperation at the cam. Ausie-guy, I' ve shot my bow a lot since putting this stuff on my cable, and it is absolutely holding the serving together, no signs of new wear or seperation since I put it on. I will let ya know in another month!
Old 10-09-2003, 06:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-09-2003, 06:42 AM

I make quite a few strings, and I' ve been using this product for about the last 6 months. So far, it has worked very well. Ideally, you should apply the liquid Lok when putting the serving on. It is designed to be served when still wet and then it dries with the serving has been applied.

The toughest spot on serving is where the rollover occurs on the cable on a single cam bow. This is where I see the most serving separation. This product, combined with proper string and serving construction, gives very good results.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, NAVY, there are actually two parts(seperate liquids). One is to lock the serving(glue it together) and the other leaves a slick hard shell around the serving. I' m sure it would work even better if applied when the serving is wrapped as compared to applying it to an already served cable/string like what Straightarrow is doing, but like I said, it is holding my serving together on my cable, and it was alreaady beginning to seperate before I applied this stuff.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:51 PM

i have a little seperation on my MQ1 also.. is this a really something to worry about?? or does it need to be fixed immediately.. its not horribly bad but I dont think it has seperated anymore than when I first noticed it
Old 10-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Josh, I can tell ya this, it' s not going to get any better. Is it something to worry about, probably not something to loose sleep over, but eventually, you will have to replace it because of that. I' ve had to replace cables on my MQ1 every year, so, I' m now looking forwad to cutting that in half. I beleive my cable cost me about $35 this summer, so I' m hoping that this stuff will save me $35 a year. That' s not much, but it is a tank of gas to get me out hunting and back a time or two
Old 10-09-2003, 04:59 PM

If you are having to replace the cables every year you must shoot alot.I would also inspect the cable track edges for burs and nicks.

CB

Quick Reply: serving wear around cam, NO MORE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.