Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
bowtech patriot strings >

bowtech patriot strings

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech patriot strings

Old 05-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default bowtech patriot strings

Ok here are some potentially stupid questions,but I dont know the answer so here it goes. Is it possible to put a string on backwards? The reason I ask is that my brother in law just had a new string put on his bow and we where trying to put on a kisser button and set his peep sight. The serving on the string is offset( more serving below the D-loop than above)and when we put on the kisser button its about an inch above where the serving starts and doesnt want to crimp tight enough to stop it from sliding. Is the kisser made to fit on the serving only or can it be attached to just the string? They are Vapor Trail string and cables if that helps
Old 06-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Spike

Yes a string can be put on backwards but it sounds like yours is on correctly. There will usually be more serving under the loop then above. Some will have a long enough center to put a kisser on while other will have the kisser on the exposed string. I"ve always preferred to have a kisser on the serving.