Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
any peepless shooters? >

any peepless shooters?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

any peepless shooters?

Old 10-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default any peepless shooters?

I have always grown up shooting without a peep never had one on any bow I have owned. I can shoot lights out up to 40 yards with my old parker; however, I have started shooting a Mission Endeavor with a 3 pin trophy ridge sight. I am having a little bit of a harder time finding my accuracy with it. My dad shoots both equally well but I am having a harder time. Our form is identical but his groups are way tighter than mine. I was wondering if anyone has any pointers and what kind of sight they are using. I do not use a hind sight, Perry's no peep or any other marketed peep eliminator simply use my anchor point as I have for years with great success. Any help would be highly appreciated!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

First off is your bow tuned correctly?

i have a bear charge with the trophy ridge 5 pin sight it came with. Didn't put on a peep cause they gave me trouble when i was about 11. I can hold baseball size groups out to 40 with no peep. my anchor is the nock of the arrow coming to the corner of my mouth and i have the string barely touch the tip of my nose. works very well for me. you have to make sure your doing the same exact thing every time and it took me awhile to decide this is the best anchor point for me. You might just need to mess around and try different things, or go put a peep on it.

Last edited by huntingkidPA; 10-03-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
I can hold baseball size groups out to 40 with no peep.
I'd call it good.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

yes it is tuned correctly. I just couldn't figure out why I am off. I may be torqueing the bow slightly but I feel dead still. I am going to play around with it and figure it out. I just couldn't imagine why I was off so bad and shoot my other bow and knock out a baseball size group like you said at 40 yards
Old 10-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot with an Anchor sight and will never go back to a peep.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

My first question would also have been the tuning. But being that you say it is tuned then it is likely your form. Not that it is bad but you may need to adjust to your new bow. I pretty much had the same problem a few years ago when I sold my High Country Extreme and got a Martin Firecat. It was driving me nuts wondering what I was doing wrong. Turns out all I had to do was alter my grip to the newer design of the Martin. (Now it seems like all the newer bows have the same grip design) My new PSE DNA is exactly like the Firecat.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Spike

Default No peep

Go to a no peep if you can find one or an anchor site, basically they work the same. An IQ bowsite has one built in but they are expensive. This will tell you if you are torquing
Old 11-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took my peep off years ago and have no regrets. I only bowhunt and i can shoot just as good out to 40yds without a peep as i could with a peep. I use a small 3/8 kisser button to anchor with and the majority of my shots are 25yds and closer so it works out great for my type hunting.