Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bow Creaks on First Draw Back >

Bow Creaks on First Draw Back

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Creaks on First Draw Back

Old 09-12-2013, 06:17 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Default Bow Creaks on First Draw Back

I have a Hoyt Raider Intruder bow, about 12 years old or so, that creaks the first time you draw back. The creak in where the limb is attached. After the first draw, there is no more creak for an hour or more, depending on the temp. In colder weather the creak returns faster. To avoid the creak when hunting, I draw back once every hour or even more frequently in cold weather. This has been like this since I got the bow - is there anything I can do to fix this?

This has never cost me a deer since I always make sure it has been drawn back. But it is a pain in the butt!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Spike

Sounds like that the rockers need lubed. With older bows small amounts od dust can creep into the rocker pockets and cause to creak on the first draw cycle. A perment fix would be remove the limbs and apply some lube to the rockers. A quick and somettimes lasting fix would be to apply a light oil to both upper and lower rockers.

CK
Old 09-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Coyote Kid
Sounds like that the rockers need lubed. With older bows small amounts od dust can creep into the rocker pockets and cause to creak on the first draw cycle. A perment fix would be remove the limbs and apply some lube to the rockers. A quick and somettimes lasting fix would be to apply a light oil to both upper and lower rockers.

CK
I'd bet a paycheck this is the problem. I've seen it and experienced it.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a bow that started doing that and it ended up being a cracked limb. It was a Martin and they made good on it sending me a new bow.