Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Quiver or no quiver >

Quiver or no quiver

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quiver or no quiver

Old 09-27-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Quiver or no quiver

What' s the general opinion on quivers? Do you put one on the bow or use a hip quiver. I shoot very very well without it and I' m afraid if I add one everything will change. I' ve heard it will add torque to the bow. Thanks guys.
Greg.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quiver or no quiver

Hey xtremetj. Honestly it all depends on what you are using it for.

I personally do not shoot with a quiver on my bow. When I shoot 3D, I use a hip quiver. But when I hunt, i use a detachable quiver that I can take off my bow when i get up in my stand. So, you got a few options that you can persue if you don' t want to start shooting with a quiver on your bow.

The one listed below is the detachable quiver I use. (Image source: www.cabelas.com). It holds the arrows nice and secure with the second retainer bar, and can be taken off the bow easily.

Old 09-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would imagine it would change your accuracy some just becasue of the added weight on the bow alone. But if you tried putting one on, and practicing you would probably adjust ok. I used to have a bow I took the quiver off once I reached my stand. I quickly learned there is a difference in shooting with it on to having it off. I now use a 2 piece, so it stays on all the time. This way I shoot the same, and am prepared for stalking & stand hunting. I like having my arrows right on my bow to be ready avail in front of me. Plus the arrows on the bow also acts as a form of camoflage to cover the face, and break up the outline.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:53 PM

My opinion is to shoot in the field just like you practice. There is also always a chance for more vibration the more things you have on your bow, that is why I always take my quiver off as soon as I get in the stand. I have a quiver exactly like the one PAHUNTER21 posted above, I like it b/c it is easy to release and put on.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:06 PM

i use the same setup as pahunter dont need the added weight when shootin
Old 09-27-2003, 10:01 PM

I use a Kwikee Quiver that a take off when I get to my stand. The Kwikee quiver
is easy to put on the bow and take off the bow. It holds arrows tight and is very affordable, 20 to 30 buck depending on where you buy it.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:19 AM

I hate the bow mounted quiver myself, but haven' t found a viable solution so I still use it. I take it off every chance I get, but practice with it on as well...just in case. My bow is so light that 4 arrows and the quiver are damn near 1/3 the weight of the bow and it really is unbalanced. Enough so that every arrow I shoot from the quiver gives it a different balance point.

I' ll be looking into a hip quiver soon, but I ain' t changing anything this late in the game.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Everyone will have a shooting style/perference, but I shoot with it on (even in treestand). I don' t have much experience with bow yet (3 years), but I had a second chance on a spike last season. If I didn' t have my arrows with the bow, I wouldn' t had that chance. So, it' s your preference.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:27 PM

I think I will go with the quiver. I am here in Colorado and going after elk I think it would be easier to have them there. I think you guys are right in the fact that I' ll get used to it and if I can' t then I know what I have to do. Thanks for your input.
Greg.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

For the FX I use the high riser attachment as that raises the quiver and balances the bow real nice. It is made by Kwikee quiver.

Quick Reply: Quiver or no quiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.