Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Muzzy Zero Effect very noisy >

Muzzy Zero Effect very noisy

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy Zero Effect very noisy

Old 09-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Spike

Default Muzzy Zero Effect very noisy

i just got my new muzzy zero effect rest. i am shooting a bowtech pro 38 with tall brace height. how when i shoot, the rest is pretty darn loud, compared to my old tiger tuff drop away rest. is this normal for the mze to be loud and what can i do to maybe fix it. i already tightened the lock nut on the side quite a bit like the video said but still loud. thanks for any input guys.

kevin
Old 09-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect very noisy

Hmm... Mine is pretty quiet and so does my other two friends. Did you install it yourself? It shouldn' t matter if you followed the video. All I can say is, take off the turnbuckle from the slider and move the rest up and down to see if you can find anything wrong. Hopefully someone here will help out. But you can always talk to Muzzy. They are helpful. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:17 PM

I agree with quiet I' m very pleased with how quiet & smooth mine is I first put on A NAP 4000 drop A way it was loud gave shock to the bow ripped all my feathers off with that stupid cable I think the muzzy is the best GOOD LUCK .MUZZY tec. support is good ( do you have A 2 piece quiver if so did you cut the exter long piece off of the arrow rest I noticed that it was hitting my arrows when I let it fly just A thought,
Old 09-29-2003, 10:24 AM

I have 2 and both are very quiet. I would suggest calling Muzzy Tech Support.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:06 PM

Do a search on " MZE noise" . Some good replies found there.

CB
Old 09-30-2003, 04:19 PM

I set one up on a bow yesterday(don' t ask it' s a long story).What I found helped was to wrap the threads of the arm in teflon tape and put a washer behind the arm wre it hooks to the slide.Had a little slack in both places.Quieted it down a lot.I also put felt under the guard were it' s near the riser.

CB
Old 09-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

do you have an older model with the roller slide ? , if so replace with the newwer model teflon slide which is gray in color , its much quieter .
Old 10-04-2003, 07:30 AM
Spike

yeah, i have the older model i guess. the roller slide is black with 2 rollers in it. i didn' t know they had another one out. should i call muzzy and do you think they will send me one? thanks guys.

kevin
Old 10-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have the old one. It didn' t make any noise on mine.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

KJCLARK their like 5 bucks or something , not much cash , call um and get one it may solve your noise .

Quick Reply: Muzzy Zero Effect very noisy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.