HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Bear encounter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/384441-bear-encounter.html)

ngarcia11892 08-25-2013 05:58 PM

Bear encounter

ok i have a bear encounter and looked it up mines set at 60 but i saw the max draw weight is 70 but is that only with different cams if any one is familiar with it can you help me out i tried lookin it up but couldn't find that out

Quiganomix 08-25-2013 08:53 PM

Shouldn't need different cams. Its adjustable from 45-70 lbs with the factory cams according to Bear. I run mine a 60 as well though, shoulder starts to feel the burn with anything more, lol

huntingkidPA 08-26-2013 05:26 AM

tighten the bolts where the limbs meet the bow to make the draw weight go up, loosen it to make draw weight drop. i'm not familiar with that model but every bear bow i've touched, that is how you adjust the draw weight.

ngarcia11892 08-26-2013 10:12 AM

perfect thanks. im not gunna adjust it myself cuz id probobly hurt myself but definatly going to a shop. thanks again

OhioNovice 08-26-2013 06:06 PM

Mine cranked all the way down was 75 lbs! I shoot it at 65 lbs though.

Nomercy448 08-28-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ngarcia11892 (Post 4075562)
perfect thanks. im not gunna adjust it myself cuz id probobly hurt myself but definatly going to a shop. thanks again

Good plan. When it comes to archery, if you don't know, then don't mess with it.

When you're adjusting your draw weight, it's usually recommended that you press the bow, although most hunters don't bother. It is also necessary that you keep the limb tensions balanced, especially with a solocam bow (equal turns =/= equal limb tension). A good shop should be able to balance your limbs, then have you draw the bow and balance your tiller.

A lot more to it than just turning the same number of revolutions from "fully tight".

BUT, LET'S BACK UP A BIG STEP....

Why are you wanting to increase your draw weight from 60-70?

Psylocide 08-28-2013 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nomercy448 (Post 4076284)
Good plan. When it comes to archery, if you don't know, then don't mess with it.

When you're adjusting your draw weight, it's usually recommended that you press the bow, although most hunters don't bother. It is also necessary that you keep the limb tensions balanced, especially with a solocam bow (equal turns =/= equal limb tension). A good shop should be able to balance your limbs, then have you draw the bow and balance your tiller.

A lot more to it than just turning the same number of revolutions from "fully tight".

BUT, LET'S BACK UP A BIG STEP....

Why are you wanting to increase your draw weight from 60-70?

Great question.

Unless you can really stack them on the X, and you are planning on hunting in Alaska or Africa or something, I wouldn't see any need to go up to 70 lbs from 60.

ngarcia11892 09-12-2013 02:55 PM

I just figured if i had some more speed id have a flatter trajectory and would have alittle lee way if i misjudge distance some.

Wilcam47 09-28-2013 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ngarcia11892 (Post 4080087)
I just figured if i had some more speed id have a flatter trajectory and would have alittle lee way if i misjudge distance some.

not going to make much of a difference past 60lbs in my opinion...