Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I NEED HELP ASAP >

I NEED HELP ASAP

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I NEED HELP ASAP

Old 09-25-2003, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default I NEED HELP ASAP

I am leaving for KY this saturday to go hunting and I was shighting in my bow and at 10 yards the bow is awesome centered and height is awesome. At 20 and 30 yards the arrows keep going to the right. I know waht to do if i had the screw out sights but i dont. WHat is the best advice to do?
Old 09-25-2003, 06:42 PM

Default RE: I NEED HELP ASAP

honna i had this prob only mine was great at 20yards and at 30 it was to the left i moved my rest to the left just a bit and both are great now
Old 09-25-2003, 07:20 PM

Do you think a bubble level may help...?
Old 09-26-2003, 07:10 PM

Probably just as Bassmaster said. Your rest may be abit right & even though you set your sight for 10 or 20 yds., the arrow will actually still be heading right the further out it goes, so by the time it gets out there, it' s right of the pins.
Depending upon the time you have, you could:
Adjust the rest abit left & resight in. or
If you' re using 3 or more pins - sight in the center pin but compensate right for the closer pin but left for the farther one.
Good Luck
Old 09-26-2003, 07:33 PM

What do you mean you would know what to do if you had screw-out sights? Your sight does not have elevation and windage adjustment capability?

And what the hell is " awesome centered" and " awesome height" ? If you want answers, ask your questions in English?

You do not say if your shafts are grouping, only that they impact to the right of your POA....I guess!
Old 09-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

I think Honna means that he cant adjust each individual pin left or right.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

what did he do, weld the %$$#@@#*^ sight to the bow. if the sight pins will not move, then there is an adjustment on the bracket i would think.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:24 PM

I wasn' t going to touch this one, but here I go.

Take a 4' carpenters level outside and place a perfectly verticlel piece of tape on your target butt.

Using your shortest distance pin fire an arrow at the top of the line. Step back five yards and shoot a second arrow using the same pin. Step back 5 yards more and fire another arrow using the same pin. Do it one more time. Now, look at the 4 arrows in the butt. If they angle down and to the left, move the rest right just a tad. If they angle down and to the right, move the rest left. Repeat until the arrows follow the vertical line down.

If you can' t get it, it' s time to look at fletching contact or your shooting form. Are you canting the bow?????
Old 09-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hey thx for all your help. What I mean is the pins itself will not move the whole bracket does. And I dont think I can weld magnesuim. I got everyone just perfect now what I did is moved the arrow rest to the left a litte. Then headed to KY and sat in the rain and seen nothing for two days.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:56 PM

What brand (mfg) and type of sight are you using?

Quick Reply: I NEED HELP ASAP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.