Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Newbie needs advice on arrows and accesories >

Newbie needs advice on arrows and accesories

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Newbie needs advice on arrows and accesories

Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Spike

Default Newbie needs advice on arrows and accesories

Hi i'm new to bow hunting and archery on the whole I have a Bear Grizzly 2 set to a 55lbs weight and a 29" draw i have 500's for my arrows now with 4" fletching and 100 grain points i i also have a plunger rest set up now. I'm looking to get a stabalizer a new arrow rest i was wondering what to look for when i do my research for what to buy and how to determine the fletching on my arrows thanks for any help
Old 04-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Take a look over at bowsite.com
you will get plenty of help over there.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, if you are talking deflection those are pretty weak arrows for your set up I believe. But if they shoot good for you so be it. As for a rest, I personally would suggest a drop away rest. Ripcord is nice. I like the NAP Apache because it is bulit like a tank. The Whisker Bisquit is a rest a lot of hunters like but IMO it tears up the fletching too quickly.
For a stabilizer it would be best to go to an archery shot to get one. This is becasue you only want one that will balance the bow and have it tip forward after the shot. Some bows don't even need one. The S coil stabilizers are nice and help absorb vibration.