Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
New Arrow Help??? >

New Arrow Help???

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Arrow Help???

Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Spike

Default New Arrow Help???

Just bought the new Mathews Creed. Im pulling 70# at 28" what are some good arrow brands and weights that would work good out of this setup? All suggestions are wellcome. Thanks!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Im shooting 70# @ 29". I just went with a 300 spine gold tip pro hunter w/ 10.5% foc 450g
Im sure your hunting IA whitetails! If u want speed go with a lighter arrow! Last year i shot a 375g. Since im going elk hunting this year i wanted a little heavier arrow so bumped up too a 450g arrow that i can still use for whitetails! im gonna loose a little speed for whitetails (still at 300fps) but its gonna pack a punch!!! Go too gold tips site and u can just play around building a arrow! good luck
Old 03-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Carbon Express in the 350 model should work well for you. Either the all black blue streak or the camo maxima hunters are great arrows and should not break the bank for you. Gold tips in the 5575 model should also be spined correctly for you and would be a little less expensive than the carbon express arrows I mentioned. HD.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by S.IowaBwhntr
Just bought the new Mathews Creed. Im pulling 70# at 28" what are some good arrow brands and weights that would work good out of this setup? All suggestions are wellcome. Thanks!!
Gold tip arrows are good and hold up for target practicing...just make sure the arrow you use is within the bow's draw weight range or you will have accuracy problems...usually each brand has their own chart such as this...if you are only shooting 70# you could go with the 5575's or the 7595's if it goes past you should shoot the 7595's this chart is for gold tips.

http://www.goldtip.com/arrowcontent.aspx?page=chart
Old 03-22-2013, 01:16 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply guys appriciate it!I will be looking into the Gold Tips for sure. HDmontana, I shot Carbon Express with my last bow but ive been hearing alot of ppl saying that they are way over priced and their arrows that are supposed to be heavier up front for broad heads arent any different than other arrows that are $30 cheaper.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Spike

Also what grain of broad head would you guys recommend.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

S iowa
Alot of people shoot 100gr
As far as arrow spine goes alot of the charts need too be updated per HN posters! Your matthews creed is IBO 328 fps...I would atleast shoot a .340 spine! give goldtip a cal and see what they reccomend for yah! Real good guys ask for micha hes been helping me out the past few weeks!
From GOLD TIPS SITE

Compound Bows - With Release Aid
Note: With a compound bow and release aid it is acceptable to use a shaft that is stiffer than indicated on the selection chart. This is particularly true if you want to shoot a larger diameter shaft for target and 3-D archery. When in doubt, choose a stiffer arrow shaft.

1. For compound bows with IBO speed rating between 290-315 FPS shot with a release aid, use the selection chart as specified.

2. For compound bows with IBO speed rating between 315-350 FPS shot with a release aid, choose at least one box to the stiffer side (to the right) for your recommended arrow. Example : If your draw weight is 72 Ibs and your arrow length is 29", select a shaft from group number five.

3. For compound bows with IBO speed rating under 290FPS shot with a release aid, choose at least one box to the weaker side (to the left) for your recommended arrow. Example : If your draw weight is 63 Ibs and your arrow length is 27", select a shaft from group number 2 or 3.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Spike

Thanks guys! You were very helpfull, Im planning on getting the Gold Tips Pro Hunters in 7595/340 the arrows should be about 390 grains. I plan on using 100 grain broad heads. Based on what ppl have said and Gold Tips arrow chart that should work great?
Old 03-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

That should work out well for yah!!! Good Luck
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by S.IowaBwhntr
Thanks guys! You were very helpfull, Im planning on getting the Gold Tips Pro Hunters in 7595/340 the arrows should be about 390 grains. I plan on using 100 grain broad heads. Based on what ppl have said and Gold Tips arrow chart that should work great?
I like the gold tips as they are good for target and hunting... I have the 5575's just because I have a shorter draw and 60lb draw weight... I started using 100gr and I keep using them...Ive had good success with them so no need to change IMO...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.