Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Switching back to Aluminums >

Switching back to Aluminums

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switching back to Aluminums

Old 09-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Switching back to Aluminums

We have a beautiful 30 target 3-D course in Bow Washington.

Each of the targets are littered with broken and splintered carbon shafts of ALL makes. In all my times at the range, I have never seen a broken or splintered aluminum shaft of any kind on the course.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:19 PM
JKT

Anybody trashing ACC' s
Old 09-20-2003, 07:35 PM

i shoot acc' s and had the same dozen for 6+yrs...
Old 09-20-2003, 10:30 PM

I don' t believe that I was trashing carbons at least that was not my intent. I hoped to state why I don' t plan to switch to carbons . . . not trashing just stating my observations and therefore my personal reasons.

As for ACC' s, I' ve never looked at them and don' t know if I would recognize one . . . I honestly don' t know that much about them.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:29 AM

I just started " playing" with carbons again.So far,SOO GOOD.I think the Wisker B,has made a big differance, for me,anyway.I don' t know what it is, but my Bemans are comming out of thing perfect.Even got those new WASP BOSS heads to fly.I' m not sure how I' m doing it,,but I' m LOVIN it !!.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

But ACC' s are not ICS type carbon. They' re ALUMINUM arrows with a carbon wrap, or carbon with an aluminum tubing core if you prefer. They' re also primo stuff. I' ve watched guys shoot top scores with them on the field archery circuit for a long time, but I' ve also avoided them like the plague. I don' t want to get to liking the things because of the price tag they carry.

You know the new AC Kintetics Easton brought out here while back? I think they' re nothing more than the old ACH arrows with a new name. ACC = Aluminum Carbon Competition. ACH = Aluminum Carbon Hunter. The ACH was a heavier version of the ACC. AC Kinetics are a heavier version of the ACC. Sounds like the same thing, don' t it?

Old 09-21-2003, 08:25 PM

Dick, the first couple of years I shot 3-D I used aluminum xx78 2512. I sure left a few pieces on the course. It is just amazing what happens to that thin wall arrow when it clips a limb at 285 fps. I did switch to beman ics for the durability.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve been using Goldtip 5575 for about 2 years now and haven' t had not one problem with them and their grouping. I only shoot 58 lbs so the spline is OK. I' ve always heard the Goldtip chart is a little off on spline.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have also used both carbons and aluminum, but have stayed with aluminums now for a few years and will not go back to carbons until substantial improvements are made to them.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took a test on the internet a while back, found out my politics are just right of center...

No wonder I shoot ACCs

Quick Reply: Switching back to Aluminums

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.