Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Quality

Old 12-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Quality

For those that have a long DL, (30"+)...what kind of arrow quality are you getting?

I have been shotting CE Max Hunter 450 and it seems I get about 50-65% of a dozen being good (fly well with a BH). 30% group well off X and 5-10% do fly worth a crap.

Just wondering if this is normal or is CE's 450 arrow just not up to par?

PS - I have purchased 36 arrows, my bow is tuned and I group well. Just noticed this trend after my last batch of arrows was tested.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 30" DL and shoot a 31 1/4" Easton Axis FMJ .300 spine. with a 100 gr. brass insert. Bow is set at 68 lbs. I haven't noticed any of these inconsistencies. But I don't have alot of experience with CX arrows though.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

A possible cause could be the alignment of the insert. Who cut the arrows? is the cut square? I'm just throwing out ideas here. Your arrows are good quality arrows. Seems to be no reason for them not to fly the same. The only other thing I can think of is they were incorrectly spined/marked at the factory which is highly unlikely. Try numbering the arrows and see if they consistantly hit in the same spot. If the same ones fly off the mark and hit the same area fine. If not the it may be you or the bow.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

If your arrows corkscrew in flight to the target, then i would believe the issue is the arrow fletching.
Check your fletching, make sure they are in the the same position and one isn't turned/offset more than the others. Refletch the just one that is off.
Also try changing the position of your kokvein. Just give the nock a 1/3 of a turn to the next fetching and see it helps. If it still not flying straight then go to the next one. I always get one or two that i have to do this them, when i buy new arrows. So i get my flecthing all the same color and since i shoot a drop-away rest it doesn't matter to me.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had suggestions about turning the nock and vanes. I just got back from hunting AZ and will give that a try.

I will get a group of arrows hitting one spot together and another group of arrows hitting together, just at another spot. I can move my sight housing to get things dialed in for the off group, but thought they should all group together with a few flyers.

The arrow were cut by the people I purchased it from. I squared both ends, installed the inserts, and fletched my own arrows.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a 31" cx 350. Shoot very well for me. HD.