Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Shopping for a site, pin question? >

Shopping for a site, pin question?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shopping for a site, pin question?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Spike

Default Shopping for a site, pin question?

I'm shopping around for a site, probably 4 pin or less as of my eye site is poor even with glasses, so I probably wont be shooting anything over 40-50 yards anyway.

Price isnt to much of a factor, durability is however, machined aluminum is nice, so is ease of use. What site would some of you recommend (in lost camo or black).

And I have a question? How come I havent seen any sites like the one I painted below?

How it works: The white box to the right is your vertical adjustment, up, down knob. The bar the site is attached is the yardage bar and it slides up and down via the adjustment knob. The green arrow points to a little cut-out or window where you can see the yardage on the yardage bar. And only one pin is needed...neat huh, how come I dont see anything like this?

In fact, you wouldnt need a pin, you could have clear plexiglass with a crosshair like a gun scope.

Last edited by jeffgothro; 12-23-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You need to look around in various archery shops. There are lots of adjustable sights on the market that are good for hunting and work well for target/3D, too. HHA is one of the more popular series and they have at least 1/2 doz models. Almsot every sight manufacturer makes one, too.

I suggest you use the search function and type in "single pin adjustable" or "slider sight". You'll get enough info to read for a month.

That being said, I concur that any sight I choose has to be machined aluminum. I've had my share of cheap sights over the last 40 years and IMO plastic has no business on a sight.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer the trophy ridge sights with the pins coming up from the bottom. It really helps me alot as there is nothing covering the deer up.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

I went to a HHA 1 pin adjustable sight and have fallen in love with it. I lost the halo off the pins. And shoot 3d more accurately now that i can see the whole target. Without having other pins and halo blurring everything up.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Fork Horn

I put on a new AXT Primal back in october and love the sight !! But there are a ton of good ones out there at a fare price.