Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Scent eliminating clothing >

Scent eliminating clothing

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Scent eliminating clothing

Old 01-30-2002, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scent eliminating clothing

Of the scent eliminating clothing out there (scent lok, scent pro, scent blocker, suppresscent, abscent, contain) what do you use?? How do you like it?? Do you think it really works?? I am considering buying a liner system for this years season and would like to hear your opinions. Thanks for any responses.

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 01-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent eliminating clothing

I brought a sent suit off Ebay paid 49 dollars for it
It is just basic camo patern and carbon lined comes with a hood and built in face mask all carbon lined.
I had a deer come up on me from down wind and he did not sent me.
The only problem with that deer was he came up behind me and altho he was a mere 15 ft away I could not get a shot on him
But the suit worked great
Old 01-30-2002, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I utilize a Scent-Lok liner suit and wear Scent Blocker camo over that.I am firmly convinced this system does indeed work.I'm not as concerned about deer winding me on stand(because I always try to utilize the wind) as I am about mature deer detecting my scent on the way to and from my stand,because as we all know its damn near immpossible to hunt a mature deer and not have him pattern you in a hunt or two without you ever knowing he was there.Using this system and then spraying myself nearly head to toe with Carbon Blast has truly improved my game.Any scent reduction is a good thing.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

I also want to add the question of Do you think one of these products better than the others and what makes it better??

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 01-30-2002, 10:07 PM

The best system out there is Gore's suppressent. The reason being is that the carbon is placed in the woven wind proof liner and will not come out in washings according to their literature. I own scent lok, scent blocker, and suppressent and by far the best material is the suppressent. Studies show that if the wind can't get through it won't let your scent out and the carbon absorbs it too. The only problem is that it is very hot. It is next to impossible to wear it out to the stand without breaking out in a sweat. It would be best to carry it to the stand and put it on out there. I bought the liner system from the REDHead catalog in the supressent for late season hunting. It is very warm and I do not recommend it for warm hunts.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:53 AM

I'm interested in the Scent Lock stuff too guys, but I AM NOT interested in sweating to death in the stand. So I guess the suppressant is out of the question for me. Anything else that works well? I'm looking into hunting the ground this next year, and the spot where I've scouted and picked out to sit will leave me a 15-25 yard shot...and I just need something that will keep the deer from making me until I've shot it. (lol, isn't that what we're all looking for? )

Finger shoot it man, just use your fingers.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie Guy,
Do you hunt in tx where it's fairly warm? Is the suit you bought ok in warm weather & can you use it in the cold, over other clothes? Is it quiet? Thanks.

Phil.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:25 PM

I use scent lock and if you get the five pocket pants and a button up shirt it is not to hotto hunt up to 60-70 degrees they let your skin breath also I would recomend gore supressent boots and a scent lock head cover also. dont put the scent lock until you are away from your vehical.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:28 PM

I used an Ultra-Lite Scentblocker Plus suit this year and saw more deer than ever. I had them down wind of me too. The suit is very comfortable and quiet. If the weather is in the 70's your gonna sweat no matter what you have on. I keep my jacket unzipped and keep my hat off until I'm in my stand. I then spray Fall Blend on any part of my body that did sweat. Late in the archery season it's real nice on those cold mornings. Once your in stand and get your body temp under control mine isn't hot at all.