Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
sighting in a gws100 fiber optic mciro-sight >

sighting in a gws100 fiber optic mciro-sight

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sighting in a gws100 fiber optic mciro-sight

Old 10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Spike

Default sighting in a gws100 fiber optic mciro-sight

i just bought a new gws pro hunter micro-sight, giver optic. i am trying to sight it in but it is shooting low, i have it adjusted down as far as it will go. i don't use a peep sight. this has me confused. i also bought a quick tune 3000 arrow rest and put it on. i was using a whisker bisket and am wondering if i have not adjusted the quick tune correctly, bought it used, no instructions, although i did lower it and was still shooting low. can anyone help or direct me to a sight where they show how this sight works.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Without actually seeing your setup it may be that your rest is too low. (not as high as your previous WB). Either that or you may have to lower your nock point/D loop. Did you square up your rest to your nock point?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Spike

You lowered your rest and it's still shooting low? Isn't that like "I cut this board off twice and, it's still too short"?
If you get with the manufacturer's customer service, they should be able to get you the set-up instructions.
When your bow is tuned correctly, there are still too many variables to help without more information. Do you shoot a release of fingers (split finger or three under), if you don't use a peep, where is your anchor (under the chin, on a tooth, corner of the mouth, back of the jaw, high on the cheek bone), do you use a high or low wrist grip, etc. Slight changes in any of these can change your impact point and effectively lengthen of shorten your sight window.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Lowering your sight raises your point of impact. Lowering your rest lowers your point of impact. Raising your rest, lowering your sight, or lowering your nocking point on the string raises point of impact. Science....