Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
York Foxfire bow >

York Foxfire bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

York Foxfire bow

Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Spike

Default York Foxfire bow

My son came home today with a York "Foxfire" compound bow he traded an old scope for it's set for 65# and has a whisker biscuit rest with a lighted 3 pin nap sight with a peep. found out this bow could be 10 plus years old . Also this bow has 2 cams. We took it out and it seems to shoot alright with a farely good grouping when we shot it at 20 yds. My question is if any one has had one of these and what was your experience with it.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its older than that , york became bowtech , so probably 15 years plus , have it checked over , strings and cables especially and enjoy , they were great bows then , and just cause its old does not mean it is not good .
Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ijimmy
Its older than that , york became bowtech , so probably 15 years plus , have it checked over , strings and cables especially
+1

Don't take any chances with old cable & strings
Old 10-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Spike

Thanks for the replys guys will have my son take it and have the strings/ cables checked-out at a local bow shop.