Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Peep Sight, D-Loop or String issue? >

Peep Sight, D-Loop or String issue?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep Sight, D-Loop or String issue?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Peep Sight, D-Loop or String issue?

I hated my old style peep sight with the tube so with my new bow I went with the tubeless peep. Now Im having issues. Occasionally my D-Loop will turn to one side. Ill have to turn the loop on the string so that I can attach my release.

When I go full draw and line up my peep with my sight occasionally one strand of the string will be right in line with my peep throwing off the sight, which makes it very hard to accurately align the shot (basically blocking the view).

Is my string spinning? Is my D-Loop spinning and when I rotate it back it throws my string out of alignment?

I really don't want to go full draw on a deer and not be able to see through my peep. My tube peep came untied last year and the wrong moment and it was horribly irritating.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

When your string gets done stretching, it will stop doing it very bad. Turn your D loop to align with your peep correctly and it will line up. It does not matter how far over your loop is, keep it lined up with the peep and you will have no problems when you draw. I take it you have a new string or something?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

I got fed up fighting peep site issues, ended up switching to a timberline no peep (no longer made). There is a company that makes something similar (http://www.archeryinnovations.com/), takes a bit of getting used to, but at least you won't have peep site issues at critical time.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats why i like the 3 string peep vs the 2.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Beard Buster
When your string gets done stretching, it will stop doing it very bad. Turn your D loop to align with your peep correctly and it will line up. It does not matter how far over your loop is, keep it lined up with the peep and you will have no problems when you draw. I take it you have a new string or something?
Yeah, it took mine a month or so of shooting every day to settle in.....
Old 09-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, new Bow, I thought it would have stretched by now, probably has 200-300 shots through it.

I guess I just have to make sure the D-Loop is lined up before I take a shot.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Yeah, new Bow, I thought it would have stretched by now, probably has 200-300 shots through it.

I guess I just have to make sure the D-Loop is lined up before I take a shot.
awesome, just something else to worry about right lol
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
thats why i like the 3 string peep vs the 2.
...I just noticed your comment. I have the 3 string peep and thats the issue, one strand blocks the peep sight. Can I switch to a 2 string instead? They look like they would fall out. But anythings gotta be better than the one with the tube.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

This is the style I have (Which I thought was better):

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...p&merchID=4005

Should I install one of these? Or do these twist where I cant even see out of it?:

http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse....FYs7MgodJHwAgQ
Old 09-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
This is the style I have (Which I thought was better):

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...p&merchID=4005

Should I install one of these? Or do these twist where I cant even see out of it?:

http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse....FYs7MgodJHwAgQ

Yes, change peeps. Those three way peeps are crap. No matter what there is always one cluster of strands that is in the way. With a two way split peep even if it rotates slightly you can still see through it with out a bundle of stands in the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.