Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Same arrows different flight?? >

Same arrows different flight??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Same arrows different flight??

Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Same arrows different flight??

I'm using the carbon express predator II arrows and I noticed that one or two arrows have a whirling action when shooting and the rest don't. What causes this? Is it just side effects of low end arrows or is something wrong with the arrow or vanes? Or is it something with my bow even though the rest of the arrows fly true?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Spike

Possibly a spine inconsistency between arrows? Or damage to arrows?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

I think I fixed the issue. I had a new drop away rest installed by a bow shop about a month ago. After my first post I went to shoot some more arrows and see how many were bad when I noticed a clunk and after my first shot and a quick investigation I found my rest was loose! It was jiggling and I could move the rest up and down. So I leveled it back out and tightened it up and so far so good.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Im curious if your rest fixed the issue. I practice with the same arrows and I occasionally get a bad wobble with some arrows. Seems like 1 out of 15 arrows has consistant bad flights, I just figured it was a manufacturing flaw.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

It could still be the arrows and I just didn't shoot a va one again but I didn't notice it after I fixed the rest and took about 6 more shots.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hard to tell without being there, but I would make sure you are tuned 100%. I have bought arrows that weren't up to par, put those aside and make them so you know which ones they are, then see if the rest of them fly right, if so it could just be a bad batch you have. Good luck.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Did you check to make sure your not getting any vane contact with the cables? Usually you have to have the nock turned just right to get them to clear the cables and the rest.

But i'm assuming you already know this. Pretty basic stuff.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I checked and I shoot cock feather out so I have enough clearance for my cables. Not sure if it's completely clearing the rest but wouldn't that cause all arrows to fly weird?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Yea I checked and I shoot cock feather out so I have enough clearance for my cables. Not sure if it's completely clearing the rest but wouldn't that cause all arrows to fly weird?
I do not believe nothing would be touching your arrows. With a drop away it should be well out of the way once your vanes reach where the rest was. That is unless your rest is set wrong and even then I have doubts about anything touching it.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Spike

Sometimes as you get tired during an extended shooting session your form will break down causing an erratic arrow flight. I have noticed that after about 25 back to back shots, I will start to torque the grip if I don't take a little break.

NC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.