HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Really, REALLY dumb question about sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/37196-really-really-dumb-question-about-sights.html)

Trashman 09-10-2003 10:07 PM

Really, REALLY dumb question about sights

Hi,

I feel pretty damn stupid on this one. I' m sighting in my bow with my new rest and I think I' m just a tad left. I have a sightmaster sight, and have made adjustments in the past, but it' s always just a guess on the direction, and, always wrong. What' s the rule of thumb. Clockwise/Counterclockwise for ???

I can try one or the other, which I have in the past, but I have finally got this bow shooting on a gnats ass, and I don' t want to go the wrong way.

thanks in advance
Mr. Stupid

CLOUD 9, MN 09-10-2003 10:20 PM

RE: Really, REALLY dumb question about sights

The simple rule is - Follow your arrow. Example: you shoot at the bullseye, you hit left. (you then want to move your pin to the left.) If you hit high, then you move your pin up. so on and so on.

Good Luck!

Trashman 09-10-2003 10:29 PM

Wow that was quck!

I do know of the simple rule, I need the simpler rule, if I am shooting left, I need to move the sight left, is that clockwise/counterclockwise? (now you know why I feel so stupid).

thanks
the trashcanman

Dan324 09-11-2003 01:09 AM

Thats as simple as it gets!

Jason N 09-11-2003 05:54 AM

If you are shooting left you need to move your pin this way <----- :)

There is no clockwise/counterclockwise adjustment on any sight I' ve ever seen and therefore this is not a direction you could move your pin.

mordecaia 09-11-2003 06:04 AM

unless He' s got a micro adjustable sight with a horizonal and verticle knob for gang adjustment - then he might be dealing with clockwise and counterclockwise movements.

Jason N 09-11-2003 07:23 AM

Mordecaia, I never really thought of that as clockwise/counterclockwise adjustment but I see your point and see how that could be the case. If that is the case your screws are likely to be right hand thread....to move your pin to the left you should turn the knob counter clockwise, unscrew, turn backwards, LEFTY LOOSY!:D;)

Trashman 09-11-2003 08:30 AM

yes, that' s it. Sorry I didn' t make that clearer. It is a micro adjustable sight. I have a horizontal screw that I turn to move the sight left or right. Thanx all

the trashcanman

UpNorth 09-11-2003 08:35 AM

Yep, Jason has it correct. On my Sure-Loc counter clockwise will move the sight left, and down for the elevation.

Trushot_archer 09-12-2003 03:18 PM

Oh Man....sounds like it' s time for a new bow:D

" I don' t know honey...I just don' t feel comfortable taking a shot at the big boy with this rig. I' m sure I can work out the bugs in the off season so I' ll keep it as a backup, but I don' t have time now...the seasons almost here." :D:D