Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Really, REALLY dumb question about sights >

Really, REALLY dumb question about sights

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Really, REALLY dumb question about sights

Old 09-10-2003, 10:07 PM

Default Really, REALLY dumb question about sights

Hi,

I feel pretty damn stupid on this one. I' m sighting in my bow with my new rest and I think I' m just a tad left. I have a sightmaster sight, and have made adjustments in the past, but it' s always just a guess on the direction, and, always wrong. What' s the rule of thumb. Clockwise/Counterclockwise for ???

I can try one or the other, which I have in the past, but I have finally got this bow shooting on a gnats ass, and I don' t want to go the wrong way.

thanks in advance
Mr. Stupid
Old 09-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Really, REALLY dumb question about sights

The simple rule is - Follow your arrow. Example: you shoot at the bullseye, you hit left. (you then want to move your pin to the left.) If you hit high, then you move your pin up. so on and so on.

Good Luck!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:29 PM

Wow that was quck!

I do know of the simple rule, I need the simpler rule, if I am shooting left, I need to move the sight left, is that clockwise/counterclockwise? (now you know why I feel so stupid).

thanks
the trashcanman
Old 09-11-2003, 01:09 AM

Thats as simple as it gets!
Old 09-11-2003, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are shooting left you need to move your pin this way <-----

There is no clockwise/counterclockwise adjustment on any sight I' ve ever seen and therefore this is not a direction you could move your pin.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:04 AM

unless He' s got a micro adjustable sight with a horizonal and verticle knob for gang adjustment - then he might be dealing with clockwise and counterclockwise movements.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mordecaia, I never really thought of that as clockwise/counterclockwise adjustment but I see your point and see how that could be the case. If that is the case your screws are likely to be right hand thread....to move your pin to the left you should turn the knob counter clockwise, unscrew, turn backwards, LEFTY LOOSY!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:30 AM

yes, that' s it. Sorry I didn' t make that clearer. It is a micro adjustable sight. I have a horizontal screw that I turn to move the sight left or right. Thanx all

the trashcanman
Old 09-11-2003, 08:35 AM

Yep, Jason has it correct. On my Sure-Loc counter clockwise will move the sight left, and down for the elevation.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:18 PM

Oh Man....sounds like it' s time for a new bow

" I don' t know honey...I just don' t feel comfortable taking a shot at the big boy with this rig. I' m sure I can work out the bugs in the off season so I' ll keep it as a backup, but I don' t have time now...the seasons almost here."

Quick Reply: Really, REALLY dumb question about sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.