Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
older martin compoun? >

older martin compoun?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

older martin compoun?

Old 07-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default older martin compoun?

so i got this older martin compound, its a prowler. the guy i got it from says its early 90's. I'm not much into bow hunting but the price was right and i want to give it a shot. My question is can i get the draw length adjusted down? its about an inch or so too long. i dont have the clips that go in the cam for it but if anyone knows a place where i can get them let me know. also if i got the strings replaced would this help any? the guy says he hasnt had them replaced in a long time.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I suggest you go on the Martin site and see if you can locate a dealer near you. He may have something laying around his shop to change the DL. If not, maybe Martin may be able to help you. I've found their CS to be fantastic.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

You could also log on and join the Martin Tech forum for some advice. It would be helpful if you can post a picture with closeups not too close) of the cams. Also, if there is a sticker on the bottom limb and it's readable the first two numbers of the serial number designate the year it was manufactured. Also----there is a draw module on the cam and this has or should have a number/letter showing the type and size of module.

I'm guessing that the bow may have Z cams so the module would have 5x or something of that nature on it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it has "F" modules on it, but check and see. If it's an "F" module it would say F5 or something like that. Either of these modules are still available from Martin, but somebody on the Tech Forum may have a few that they'd send you.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

Definitely give Martin a call. They should still have some. I just got a couple of cam mods from them for a 4 year old bow and had them in the mail box in a couple of days. Martin has great customer service.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know. A response from the OP would be appreciated being as a few of us took the time to answer his question.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

sorry guys been away for a while. the cam has a 6x on it, im going to try to call martin tomorrow. I have talked to my local bow shop and even though they are not a martin dealer they say they can help if i get the modules. I also thought that maybe the strings are stretched and if i get new strings this will help. thanks for your help
Old 08-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by trader74
sorry guys been away for a while. the cam has a 6x on it, im going to try to call martin tomorrow. I have talked to my local bow shop and even though they are not a martin dealer they say they can help if i get the modules. I also thought that maybe the strings are stretched and if i get new strings this will help. thanks for your help

I don't know much about the earlier bows, but with a number like 6X on the module I'd assume the bow has Z cams. In any case these modules are still available from Martin. They come in pairs and you'll need to know the draw length you require to order the right number.

If I were you I'd call and see what CS says. Swapping the mods isn't very hard. Even a caveman can do it.