Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Fletching glue ? >

Fletching glue ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching glue ?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fletching glue ?

There seems to be so many options for fletching adhesive these days, I'm wondering what most people are using? I've been using Goat Tuff, but the way things change and get better these days I'm wondering if theres better. Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
There seems to be so many options for fletching adhesive these days, I'm wondering what most people are using? I've been using Goat Tuff, but the way things change and get better these days I'm wondering if theres better. Thanks
Been using Bohning Platnium since it came out. Love it!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if it is still available but Loctite 404 CA was what I used when I was working as an archery tech. worked great for feathers or vanes.

the trick to getting a good bond is to clean the area of the shaft that is getting fetched to make sure all the mold release is removed
scotch brite and dish washing liquid works very well.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Spike

Gorilla Super Glue with the blue top. Loctite Ultra Control Gel. Krazy Glue with the brush control applicator - goes on purple and dries clear.

I have used all of these with great results PLUS they are much cheaper than the "archery" specialty super glues which contain basically the same stuff except "archery" is not written on the bottle. And they can be found in Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

The blue top Gorilla Super Glue works extremely well on inserts because it has a bit of rubber mixed in to allow some flexibility. The only down side is that it IS permanent in about 20 seconds!

I have heard some people say that the super glues will get brittle over time and especially in extreme cold conditions. I have not experienced this after 3 years of use. Of course it doesn't get really cold in Eastern NC!

If you aren't looking for a fast drying super type glue, the old standard Fletch-tite Premium is hard to beat.

Good luck with your choice!

NC
Old 05-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

X2 on the clear gorilla super glue. Has worked well.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've been saying it for years and it's hard to beat; I probably fletched over 1000 arrows without a problem.. Super Glue GEL... it has to be gel.. works like a champ and cheap too, sets up quick. I usually buy it a Dollar General ( two tubes for a dollar) and get twenty tubes at a time.