Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 5 Shot...We have a New Head to test... >

5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

Old 08-24-2003, 09:56 AM

Default 5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

Our Deadhead Hornet...
It is a limited market Head this year..
Want you to test it.
Comes in 100 and 125 grains.

email me....
GKF Tech

Old 08-24-2003, 01:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

Hey Chris, I think a person knows that they have found their calling when they have equipment manufacturers asking them to test out their products.

Now if I could just convince all of the bow companies.....

Old 08-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some want me too, and some wish I would just go away! Lord knows I keep the lumber mills and steel drum people busy!
Old 08-25-2003, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

You mean you do not keep using the same 2x4s and steel drum?

I thought that explained why the more recent heads tested better than the first ones....
Old 08-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-25-2003, 06:30 PM

Sad day!

Anyone that has been around here awhile knows that I have used nothing but certain GKF products since the beginning of the company, and that I have been a very strong advocate of GKF products.

Because of the design and quality of GKF products, (GKF rests were advanced for the times) I have always considered that in order for a manufacturer to produce such a quality product, the manufacture would have to use the best available advanced and sophisticated methods of design, manufacturing, and scientific testing to produce such a product. It appears I have been sadly mistaken or things have changed and GKF needs to cut costs.

To think that such a company would resort to having a private individual test their product in a backyard operation, using uncontrolled, unscientific, and exaggerated methods; that are (apparently) unverified and undocumented (most manufactures document and archive their testing).

Woe is me, woe is me! The pain is more than I can bear! [X(]

PS: Not intended to demean 5 shot; just GKF. [:@]

Old 08-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

PS: Not intended to demean 5 shot; just GKF.
You have got to be kidding. I would take 5 shots word on broadheads any day. Obviously they have tested their product and are confident in its performance to have it tested by 5 shot and have the results posted on these forums. Do you think that if it were an inferior product they would want to send them to him to test? Many people trust and take much consideration into 5 shots broadhead tests. Why else do you think they would want him to test them. Don' t you think if they were just trying to save money they would test them for themselves. They could shoot them through plywood, oranges, tires etc etc just the same as 5 shot could. Also from what was posted what makes you believe that they skipped all controlled and scientific tests and went straight to 5 shots " backyard" ? I feel dumber having read your post.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:06 PM

I feel dumber having read your post.
Then, I advise you not to read it again. It (post) might cause futher brain damage.

GKF can do what they choose to do; so can I.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:07 PM

I second buckeyes reply
Old 08-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

C903

You never answered. Do you think they are relying on 5 shot to do all of their testing in his " backyard" , or to have their product advertised via word of mouth by a respected member of this forum? I might be gettin a lil' crazy here but...... that little voice in the back of my damaged brain is telling me to go with the latter. Just my thoughts on the matter.[:-]

Quick Reply: 5 Shot...We have a New Head to test...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.