Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 noise patriot dually >

noise patriot dually

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

noise patriot dually

Old 08-21-2003, 03:31 PM

Default noise patriot dually

i just got a patriot dually 3 days ago it seams to be noise. i have all the things on from the compeny does any one have any help for me
thank you

ps. sorry spelling is so bad
Old 08-21-2003, 03:40 PM
nub

Default RE: noise patriot dually

Sorry bear, I got more questions than answers. Are the limbs maxed out? How heavy are your arrows? What type of rest and accessories do you have on it? It will definately sound quieter maxed out with a heavy arrow. Whats the whole set up?

I' d say you have mail, but it just got returned.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:45 PM

rest - hunter elite
one turn back off 70#
345 grains gold tips 5575
Old 08-21-2003, 03:53 PM
nub

Feeling the need for speed are we? Your real close to a warranty issue with those. A heavier arrow would help some. How many shots you got thru it? Have you had to adjust your cable at all? Are you sure every thing is locked down tight?
Did I mention my email was returned?
Old 08-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

HMmmmmmmm.
Yeah lots of questions. Could be anything?At those specs you are going to have a lot of energy transmitted into the bow, so everything has to be REALLY good and tight.......Blue Loc-Tite everything including module screws!
A good vibration noise reducing stabilizer is a great investment (I use a Stealth " hunter" on mine)
The string silencers they provide are OK......I' m using them, but I think SIMS Leeches are a bit better.
Slide the Vibrablocks down to the limb pockets and ad a set of SIMS Limbsavers to the normal position.

Also a set of Leeches on the CABLES will help as well.

Aside from recommending a little heavier arrow this is about all I can think of........the Patriot Dually isn' t THE quietest bow in the world. But it shouldn' t be LOUD either.
With all the additions I mentioned (which I have on my bow) my 30" /65# shooting 373gr arrows is as quiet as any single cam I' ve owned.
Don' t expect to take it out of the box and hear whispers! Too much power for that![8D]
Old 08-21-2003, 04:15 PM

I have the Pro 40 DC. Removed the hush kits on the string and replaced with Sim' s string leaches. Also move the hush kit on the limbs down to almost the riser and added Sim' s Limb Savers. Much quiter. Have read where alot of folks have done this with their BT with similar results.

But I am shooting 60lb maxed out and 350 (total weight) arrows. Since the Bowtech DC like stiffer spine, imho, you may be underspined. If not you are real close as Nub stated. I bet you are getting some serious speed though.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:34 PM

thank you everyone for your input . i am going to all the sims things on and i am thinking about carbon inpack. again thank you

sorry my email has change i don' t know change it
Old 08-21-2003, 06:43 PM

maybe its not the bow[:-]

Just the sound of your arm sockets ripping out of your shoulders
Old 08-22-2003, 12:05 AM

I' d have to say if your draw length is over 27 inches, your 5575' s are too light. Go with at least the next heavier shaft for broadheads. My Pat Dually is shooting unbelievable at 66 pounds, 29 inch draw, CX 400 hunters with a Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain. Arrows weigh 457 grains and are doing 273 fps for 75.65 foot pounds of K.E. I noted that the best tune has the left side of the string {right handed bow} aligned with the point of the arrow and the left side of the riser and about 5/16" nock high. I also slid the V-blocks down to the riser, good luck
Old 08-22-2003, 12:41 PM

thank you very one for your input . today i got a haever arrow . know i' m shotting 414 grains and it made a world of differnce . put lims saver on .it' s much better

thank you again

Quick Reply: noise patriot dually

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.