Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Setting up a bitz >

Setting up a bitz

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Setting up a bitz

Old 01-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Spike

Default Setting up a bitz

just bought a Bitzenberger L helical. Directions said no adjustment needed for helical fletch. problem is the front end of 5" feather wasnt touching my gold tip arrow running off to the side of the arrow. How should I adjust with nock or the two nobs on the side
Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Never used one friend. I use the Arizona EZ fletch. Easy as falling off a log. And despite what some say, you can attach a single feather/vane if needed.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Spike

Loosen the allen screws, turn the knobs and adjust the front and back settings on the Bitz. You don't need much of a degree of offset if you're going with a helical clamp. I usually will set the rear setting so my fletching is in the center of the shaft, then adjust the front setting to give it a little offset. Every time you switch shaft diameter you will need to change this setting. Good luck
Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my Bitz for about 35 years now. They've been refine somewhat over the years but the basic design is the same.

I have both RW and LW clamps so am used to adjusting mine. I adjust the back end so it aligns with the center of the nock. Then adjust the front so the fletch is sitting flat, giving the most contact with the shaft. Whatever degree of offset ends up being whatever it is. Can't measure it anyway.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never touched mine. Will use this advice next time. Thanks.

I always yanked the arrows out early then pushed the end of the vane onto the shaft by hand.

Don't forget to add a dab of glue on the end of the vane. Keeps em from peeling back.