Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limb Savers

Old 10-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Spike

Default Limb Savers

I just bought a 2011 Bear Charge. The Mauler was in my thoughts as well but the only big difference I noticed was the Mauler has limb savers where as the charge does not. Can I put limb savers on my Charge like the Mauler has?
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Spike

http://www.limbsaver.com/archery.php this should answer your question
Old 10-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Spike

i strongly recommend the superquads or alphashox if thats what your looking for...
super string leeches, cable leeches, and an S-Coil stabilizer are a must also.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you having noise or vibration issues? Frankly, adding limbsavers where they're not needed is pointless, unless you just like having crap stuck all over your bow.

When I was recently shopping for a new bow, I was amazed at how quiet the 2011 Bear bows are (didn't shoot any of the older models). We tested 2 or 3 models of half a dozen brands and never found a brand consistently as quiet as the Bears, and all of the Bears we tested had very little handshock and vibration.

A decent doinker on the stabilizer, some cable leeches, and you'll probably be well set.

From a marketing perspective, Bear might have put the limbsavers on the Mauler to 1) seem like an improved package, or 2) make up for a little extra noise. Since the Mauler is more expensive than the Charge, and pushing a 328 IBO speed, both are likely true in this case. Personally, the Strike was my favorite from the Bear line up this year, coming in the quietest, with a very reasonable price, and a butter smooth draw.

If only those Bears weren't so danged ugly! haha!