Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Some good news and a question >

Some good news and a question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Some good news and a question

Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Spike

Default Some good news and a question

So I will start with what I would call the good news. Last fall I bought a new bow. Which was my first new bow and my first year bow hunting (I have a new addiction). I used it last year and shot it all summer. I was doing OK but I thought the bow should shoot better. I was fairly consistent with it but just not that great. I took it to the shop where I bought it and never really got any help. So I finally broke down and drove a little farther away to a different shop to talk with the guys over there. I learned more in ten minutes with those guys than I have in a year. Come to find out I have been putting my release on wrong, and the bow had some problems. The cam and the top wheel had a lean. The cam was catching on the string and starting to fray it. And the arrow rest was off the tech said the arrow flight was horrible. So he said to leave it with him and he would tune the bow for about $20. So I'm excited to go get it. I'm hoping it will shoot better. Now for the question. He recommended that I put a different rest on it. So I have heard lots of good things about the rip cord. I would like to know what you guys suggest.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

I use to use a hostage rest. Did great, but the brushes wore down and would slowly throw off your shots. Bought a Rip Cord, and fell in love with it. Still got the containment, but certainly made my shooting feel so much smoother.

Look at Limb Driver, QAD, Apache, Rip Cord, Trophy Taker and see which one fits your shooting style.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Limb Driver pro V.