Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow mount VS. Hip Quiver ?? >

Bow mount VS. Hip Quiver ??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow mount VS. Hip Quiver ??

Old 08-11-2003, 12:11 PM

Default Bow mount VS. Hip Quiver ??

Anyone out their using a Hip Quiver? What is your experience?

I have recently put an soft lock 5 arrow quiver on my Hoyt RazorTec. It is very quite and holds the arrows great, but I am conserned about the WEIGHT and how heavy my bow is getting. So I am tring to lighten it up a bit.

I am thinking about taking it off and using a hip Quiver. I hunt in mostly wooded areas in Wisconsin. Once I get to my stand I take would usually take the quiver off my bow and hang it in the tree. Not sure how well hip quivers work for going throught moderate to thick cover. I was looking at the Neet Mechanical Broadhead Quiver that snaps on and off a clip.

I had this posted on the " Bowhunting Forum" , thought I would try it out here as well.

Thanks for your input.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:24 PM

Default RE: Bow mount VS. Hip Quiver ??

You might want to check out a Catquiver also. I really like mine !!!
Old 08-11-2003, 07:45 PM

Default RE: Bow mount VS. Hip Quiver ??

Upnorth.
I have a hoyt protec I bought it last year and did not get a quiver for it because I was going to go to a hip quiver. I used it on two hunts and needless to say I ended up going and getting a bow quiver. (Hoyt quick detatch). I hate shooting with a quiver on It never bothered me until I got my hoyt. I think the bow is so light that I can really feel the extra side weight. I Live in Northern Minnesota the terrain is probabbly the same as wisconsins (beautiful state). I swear wearing the hip quiver no matter how hard I tried it would just seem to find anything it could to snag on. That and I use a Lone wolf climber and the arrows would slap against the stand when I woud step over things. I really wanted to like a hip quiver I do' nt know how Chuck does it so quietly. I might try it again but, For now I just remove my quiver when I get in my stand. If I did not use a climber I woud like to try one of the back quivers on the market. I' ll probablly be using my bow quiver again this year.