Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ripcord rests

Old 09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ripcord rests

Thought about picking one of these up and trying it. I like the idea of nothing touching my arrow upon release.

Currently using a Hostage rest and while its a great rest and holds my arrow perfect while in the stand I been thinking about upgrading. Won't have to worry about brushes wearing down, but was wondering how reliable the Ripcord is once you get it set?

any info from others would be great.

Dave
Old 09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Spike

I've been using a ripcord for almost 2 years no, and absolutely no issues with it. It locks every time and releases right when it is supposed to.. I don't think you can go wrong with it, I tried a QAD, WB, and trophy taker before settling with the RipCord.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the info.

if you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about the QAD, TT, WB, that no long had problems with on the Ripcord?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just put a new RC on my new Hoyt crx. Very nice rest and easy to set up. Goodluck!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Spike

I have the ripcord code red on my general and its awsome. Wouldn't use anything else!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would. I much prefer the NAP Apache or the Trophy Taker rests. Much quieter. And the Apache is a snap to set up. Ripcords are OK but there are better.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Spike

I've used both the Ripcord and QAD rests, and both are good choices. I don't think you will be disappointed with either.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Got my Rip Cord installed this morning. So far I like it, only problem right now is my sight is really high. Going to swing by the shop this week after work and get everything adjusted up on my string and help get my sight and pins centered up.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Spike

I'm actually going to be swapping out my Ripcord as soon as I can, even though our season starts tomorrow. I didn't think the lack of a letdown feature would matter, but now I think differently. Add to that the fact that my CR hits my arrow shelf when the arrow is lined up with the berger holes, and I will be slapping a Revolution on my bow when the lefties come out.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by roosclan
I'm actually going to be swapping out my Ripcord as soon as I can, even though our season starts tomorrow. I didn't think the lack of a letdown feature would matter, but now I think differently. Add to that the fact that my CR hits my arrow shelf when the arrow is lined up with the berger holes, and I will be slapping a Revolution on my bow when the lefties come out.
I also understand what you mention about the rest remaining in the UP position during a slow let-down. I also didn't think it would bug me but found it a little irritating throughout last hunting season when I shot the Ripcord Code Red on my Z7.

I'm NOT convinced about theTR Revolution being a great option..... not YET. As many folks have had the chance to shoot them throughout the season.... many have failed and breakage sounds like it's become almost common. I believe TR needs another season or two to perfect their product.

Of the many rests I've owned and tested, the QAD HDX has impressed me the most.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.