Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Couple of Technical ???s and Help with buying a used bow.... >

Couple of Technical ???s and Help with buying a used bow....

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Couple of Technical ???s and Help with buying a used bow....

Old 08-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Spike

Default Couple of Technical ???s and Help with buying a used bow....

Hi Everybody,

I am getting back into bow hunting (Specifically Whitetail) after a several year hiatus.

First off, its amazing how much technology has changed just in 10 years

Secondly, I am looking at a Lightly Used 2009 PSE BowMadness, pre equipped with a NAP Drop Rest, 5 Pin Spot Hog sight, and new strings.

It would cost around $350.

The bow is a Single Cam 60# Max Weight.

Anyone have any opinions on this particular model or PSE in general?

I owned a PSE in the past and I know they are great bows.

A few questions...

Approximately how much FPS do you lose shooting a 60# bow vs a 70# bow with standard carbon arrows (8-11 grains per inch) and a 125grain broadhead?

I am finishing up rehab on my shoulder (Chronic Bursitis) from a golf injury, so I am thinking I should shoot a 50#thru 60# bow this year, and then move on in a few years to a 70#, I may need to start out slightly below 60# this season also.

Previously, I used to primarily hogs from stands and stalking in Central Florida, and I am comfortable with shooting up to 40yards with accuracy on the ground or from a stand.

Any thoughts or helpful information???

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been shooting PSE bows since I started shooting, I wont buy anything but PSE. The Bow Madness is a great bow dont get me wrong but PSE has new bows at the same price youd be paying for a used one, such as the new Stinger HD. I bought a new Stinger NI last year and absolutely love it. Sure its not their top of the line bow but its one hell of a nice shooting bow, accutate, fast and quiet. If youre shooting 60#s and are looking at carbons I recomend 400's with a 100gr head.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

that sounds like a good deal. i have heard the madness is a great bow. i would buy it
Old 09-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

PSE has come a long way in recent years and i would not be afraid to shoot one except for the fact that i cant walk away from my mathews lol. Anyway, if you like the bow and shoot it at 50-60 lbs and it works good then why move on to 70lb. I shoot 63 lbs and have the ability to pull 70lbs but i like my setup so much at 63 that i have no desire to go higher.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Spike

That PSE is a steal at 350, Just the spot hogg alone on a relatively new bow could bring 400...
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

your not going to loose a whole lot of speed, shooting 60 vs 70, 60# is plenty