Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Qad ultra rest hd adjustment >

Qad ultra rest hd adjustment

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Qad ultra rest hd adjustment

Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Spike

Default Qad ultra rest hd adjustment

Hello. I recenty got a bowtech destroyer and it came with one of the qad rests. It was set to low so when it is set off and drops, it smacks the bow. I want to raise it. What else do I need to do. Like nocking point etc. Let me know what I have to do. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Spike

Your arrow should line up with your berger hole (the threaded hole you bolt your rest to). If it does now, then I recommend not moving the rest at all, it will cause more tuning headaches than it is worth. Put some felt or moleskin on your shelf and leave it be. If you arrow lines up below the berger hole than go ahead and raise the rest up. You will also have to raise your knocking point. You can eyeball it pretty close without the proper tools, but if you really want to get it dead on you will need to bring it to a proshop. In my opinion, it is much more important for the rest to be at the correct height than to have it too high just so it clears the shelf.