Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Acc's

Old 07-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default Acc's

Need a little help on this one. A buddy has some acc arrows for free. I've built alot of arrows but never any ACC. They are size 440 which from what I can tell online is for a mega poundage bow. I shoot an Iceman at #60 and 29 inch arrow 100grain Muzzy. Can I use these or are they to stiff? I'm down to 5-6 arrows and going out to get more today but if I can shoot these I will goto ACC's
Old 07-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sprintflyer
Need a little help on this one. A buddy has some acc arrows for free. I've built alot of arrows but never any ACC. They are size 440 which from what I can tell online is for a mega poundage bow. I shoot an Iceman at #60 and 29 inch arrow 100grain Muzzy. Can I use these or are they to stiff? I'm down to 5-6 arrows and going out to get more today but if I can shoot these I will goto ACC's
That 440 you are referring to is the spine of the arrows and they would be an almost perfect match for your setup if not just a tad on the weak side. In other words, not too stiff.

Although a little heavier than some of the all carbon arrows ACC's have about as consistant spine as you'll find in arrows less than $200/doz. That lends itself to consistant accuracy.

Some people think they aren't as durable as all carbon arrows because they can bend, but let me tell you they will take a heck of a pounding. Still they are susceptable to dinging or creasing if you shoot tight groups. Other than that they are as durable as any other carbon arrow, if not more so.

My advice would be to give them a try and see. The price is certainly good. You have nothing to lose.