Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Muzzy or Zebra bowstrings? >

Muzzy or Zebra bowstrings?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy or Zebra bowstrings?

Old 01-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy or Zebra bowstrings?

I was doing some research and I am having trouble deciding as to what string and cables to buy. Both offer the same materials. So I am guessing the strings are close.

Whats everyone's take on this and what should I do?
Old 01-28-2002, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Muzzy or Zebra bowstrings?

Check out www.winnerschoicebowstrings.com. I have just put my string on, but a lot of people are having extremely good luck with them. They don't stretch or creep and the servings will not seperate. They are a little pricey-$100, but last 2-3 times longer in most cases than other strings.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am curious on the answers to this question. I was just looking up strings this morning. I need to replace my string on my Mathews (a couple strands got frayed while changing a peep) and I want to get something with some color. I will probably stay with the zebra beings that is what come on it origianlly, unless someone tells me a good reason not to.

Oh and your link does not work btomlin. I would like to check them out, so if you could get the right one I would appreciate it.

Always adding Deer Cam picts. Check often.
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Edited by - IL_BOW_MAN on 01/28/2002 16:09:09
Old 01-28-2002, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was considering winners choice, but the price is steep to me. I can not justify myself spending that much right now. I change strings after season, and about a month or so before season, so spending that much on a strings every year isnt what I have planned.

They are a great string, my buddy shoots them. But he only changes about once a year for strings, and every other for cables.

Old 01-28-2002, 09:12 PM

I replaced the cable and string on my Mathews this past summer with another Zebra string. Here is my experiences with these strings:

1) They are noisy. A lot on string vibration. May just be my particular setup but a buddy complained about increased string noise when he put Zebras on his Hoyt.

2) They do stretch. This may not be the correct term, but the strings gain length.

3) They do twist when you draw them. Not much, but enough to bother me and to make me realize that not everything you read in an ad is the absolute truth.

4) Overall, I am happy with the string/cable combination when it is viewed from a value standpoint. Not extremely expensive: $30 for the string and $10 for the cable from a proshop who installed them for me while I waited.

The Mouse
Old 01-28-2002, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Check out www.bcyfibers.com . They had a comparison of break strengths and stretch so should give you some insight on the materials. I would think Brownell also has info on their sight but BCY material is what I started with and that is my preference. I know you can find string makers who aren't nearly that expensive and have the same quality. As to the two color strings/cables it isn't a problem to make them. I also heard BCY has a new two color string material out and looks sharp when made up. I have to get some of that material and see how they look.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just bumping this looking for a few more responses. I do not know anybody that makes strings, so I need to buy one.

Also, does anybody know anything about the Tiger Strings? Supposed to be a little slower but with less stretch.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2002, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

MY BAD.....Here is website.
www.winnerschoicestrings.com
Old 01-30-2002, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

I believe it is Zebra string is made out of a fast flight type material (therefore will stretch slightly more but also more forgiving) and Tiger string made out of BCY 450 Plus in 1/2 size (thinner 450 Plus so there are more strands but of a "non-stretch" material therefore slightly slower and less forgiving). I would assume that the speed difference would be under 5 fps. The way it was explained to me about the speed difference is the fast flight types will stretch a little and lengthen you string (which ups the weight) enough to gain some of that speed plus they are slightly lighter.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:52 PM
Fork Horn

my bowtech has a winerschoice string, i hear they cost more but i think i know why after shooting a few thousand arrows my sting has not streched one bit. this also pertains to very little twist in the string which is nice. and i havent had to re time the cams this string is flawless.

Quick Reply: Muzzy or Zebra bowstrings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.