Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Considering a drop away rest........ >

Considering a drop away rest........

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Considering a drop away rest........

Old 08-05-2003, 07:51 AM

Default Considering a drop away rest........

I am after thinking about it considering a drop away. I shoot carbons (gold Tip Hunter XT) and tired of the micro clearance I have on my rest (quick tune) I do not like the idea of a mechanical rest but really tired of clearance issues sine the clearance between my vanes and supports is so very small.......and im a tuning freak.....

ANY suggestions would be greatly appr
Old 08-05-2003, 08:01 AM
nub

Default RE: Considering a drop away rest........

I' ll put in a plug for the Muzzy Zero Effect. You ever have a problem with it, they will take care of it. Got any questions on it, call their toll free number and talk directly to a rep. [:-]
Old 08-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what Nub said. It' s a fantastic hunting rest!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

MZE IMO the best hunting fall away there is.
Easy to tune and install it looks like a daunting task when you first take it out of the box but you should be shooting it in about 15 minutes.
Just watch the video and you will see it is really an easy rest to install and set up.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:37 AM

I am looking at the NAP actually - simply because I have a Bear Code' , and it has a cable gaurd that wont work with the MZE........

I am looking for other rests to - want the BEST........ cause I am a little sceptical still about using a drop away.

Tom
Old 08-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

eightwgt, I have been shooting a NAP QT 4000 for over a year now and can' t be happier. If you are a tuning freak, like me, spend the extra cash and get the 4000. I used it last season and found it to contain your arrow very well, maybe not as well as the MZE, but unless you plan on shooting upside down, you wont have a problem with it. Whats nice is its micro-adjustable, and a compact rest.

Give it a go, you' ll like it.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Also take a look at the GKF Mirage.

They are quick to set up and tune and a terrific hunting rest.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:55 AM

I appreciate you situation. I have bought 3 drop aways because I wanted to try Turbo-Nocks which require one to work right. I have non drop away Quick Tunes and they are well made and work well. Didn' t like this cable business, so I settled with the Trap Door and it has been OK for about 700-800 shots. The reset function of the Trap Door became automatic with my left thumb. My major complaint of any rest, is that unless it has independent windage and elevation adjustments I am not interested in it. If you have ever used a Gold Key Platimum or similar you will know how easy it is to tune a rest to shoot bulletholes. I just reviewed some atalogs and sites and see many are going to drop aways that do not have cables and minimize bow interfaces to activate. I also see Trap Door has a micro adjustable version which I may try out.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:41 AM

ACR systeme rest. Fully micro adjustable, very light launcher (equals faster dropaway) and costs only $50!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 08:07 AM

ACR ?? Got a lnk to a picture or catalog page ???

Quick Reply: Considering a drop away rest........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.