Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Craze nock point? >

Craze nock point?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Craze nock point?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Craze nock point?

Any opinions about the proper nock height on a Mission Craze? It's a twin-cam bow, so should it have a lower nock point than a Solocam? I've tried a couple different spots, but I really can't tell any difference. This is the first modern bow I've owned, so I don't have a lot of experience with fine-tuning. My local pro-shop made me a Great deal on the bow, but he's not much for tuning - everybody get a brass nock 1/4" high & that's it. There's no other pro-shops around here so I really need to figure this out on my own. I learned on this site that I can spin my D loop around to move the nocking point up or down. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks, Rich
Old 03-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by richwrench
Any opinions about the proper nock height on a Mission Craze? It's a twin-cam bow, so should it have a lower nock point than a Solocam? I've tried a couple different spots, but I really can't tell any difference. This is the first modern bow I've owned, so I don't have a lot of experience with fine-tuning. My local pro-shop made me a Great deal on the bow, but he's not much for tuning - everybody get a brass nock 1/4" high & that's it. There's no other pro-shops around here so I really need to figure this out on my own. I learned on this site that I can spin my D loop around to move the nocking point up or down. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks, Rich
On my monster it's centered with the hole in the riser for the rest screw. Here's a pic of what mine looks like.......
Attached Thumbnails Craze nock point?-0320012208.jpg  
Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Got it. Set mine exactly perpendicular to the bowstring & it shoots flat & groups well. Tried going up in 1/8" increments & the arrows started spiraling & spreading. Thanx
Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, a brass nockset 3/16" to 1/4" above square is not such a bad place to start. Think about it. That nockset is where the top of the nock will be. The bottom of the arrow will be close to level or just slightly high in reference to the rest. If you shoot a loop then the inside of the top knot would be about 3/16" above square.

Don't forget, though, that this is just a general place to start your tuning process, whichever method you use. You still might have to move the nockset up or down a little bit as you tune.