Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Serving Question >

Serving Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serving Question

Old 03-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Serving Question

I have a Mission Craze & I just put a QAD Ultra Rest LD on it. It works awesome, but I don't like the cable clamp - I want to serve the rest cord to the down-cable to make everything as neat as possible. Do I just mushroom the end of the cord a little & hold it next to the cable & serve it together, or is there a more appropriate way? I just bought some #4 Brownell's serving thread & served my string dampeners in place because they were sliding towards the cams, & I just tied my first D loop with no problems, but I'm still new to serving things in place & was wondering how you guys (or gals) would tackle this. Thanks...
Old 03-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel the same way about clamps and although I use Limb Drivers on my bows, I do set up bows for friends that use down cable powered rests.

1. Press your bow and split the cable evenly.
2. Leave the cord long running through your cable.
3. Unpress bow and draw it. The cable strings will hold the cord good enough to let it slide through after it has engaged the rest, thus leaving it at the right position to begin serving.
4. I serve mine from the top down and then when I get to the non rest side, I serve that right against the cable. It give it a real clean look.
5. When done serving, cut your excess cord and melt end to prevent fraying.

Here's a terrible cell picture I just ran down and took of a friend's back up bow that I did this too.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Good tips - thank you !